Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Best of the best OLD MMORPG :D

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Best of the best OLD MMORPG :D Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Best of the best OLD MMORPG :D - 12/5/2017 2:29:03 AM   
damageoutput

1. Matrix Online
The Matrix Online (officially abbreviated as MxO) was a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) initially developed by Monolith Productions and later, a few months after launch, by Sony Online Entertainment. It was billed as an official continuation of the storyline of The Matrix films, as The Wachowskis, the franchise's creators, gave their blessing to the notion of gamers "inherit[ing] the storyline". The game began closed beta-testing in June 2004 which was then opened for people who pre-ordered the game in November 2004. Warner Bros. and Sega officially released MxO on March 22, 2005 in the United States. It was released in Europe on April 15, 2005. In June 2005 it was announced that Warner Bros. sold the rights to the game to Sony Online Entertainment, and the game's development and operation was transitioned to the latter on August 15, 2005. Sony Online Entertainment shut down operation of the game on July 31, 2009.

2. Star Wars Galaxies
Star Wars Galaxies was a Star Wars themed massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) for Microsoft Windows, developed by Sony Online Entertainment and published by LucasArts

Released June 26, 2003, to much critical acclaim, it spawned three expansions through 2005. The game was completely overhauled in the last expansion, which frustrated many longtime subscribers. Star Wars Galaxies continued operation for six more years.

The servers shut down on December 15, 2011 Notwithstanding the game's closure, there are several private emulator projects in various stages of development that intend to allow users to experience Star Wars Galaxies in different incarnations of the game's existence.

3. EverQuest
EverQuest is a 3D fantasy-themed massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) developed and published by Sony Online Entertainment, which released on March 16, 1999. It was the second commercially viable MMORPG to be released, after Ultima Online, and the first commercially successful MMORPG to employ a three-dimensional game engine.

EverQuest has had a wide influence on subsequent releases within the market, and holds an important position in the history of massively multiplayer online games. The game surpassed early subscription expectations and grew for many years after its release. It has received awards, including 1999 GameSpot Game of the Year and a 2007 Technology & Engineering Emmy Award.

4. Lineage 2
Lineage II is a massive multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) for Microsoft Windows, the second game in the Lineage series. It is a prequel to Lineage, and is set 150 years before the earlier game. It has become very popular since its October 1, 2003 launch in South Korea, reporting 1,000,918 unique users during the month of March 2007. To date, the game has been played by more than 14 million users, mostly based in Asia.
On November 30, 2011 Lineage II adopted a free-to-play model in Lineage II: Goddess of Destruction, with all game content being free save for "purchasable in-game store items and packs".

5. Metin 2 Online
Metin2 is a Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (MMORPG) originally developed by Ymir Entertainment (now owned by Webzen Games) and originally released in Korea in 2004. It has since been published in many European countries and in the United States by Gameforge 4D GmbH, in Singapore by TEC Interactive. Other versions exist in Asian languages.

6. Rising Force ( RF ) Online

RF Online, originally named 'Rising Force'is a 3D MMORPG developed by CCR. The first version of the game was released in South Korea and was later followed by Chinese (Mandarin), Japanese, Indonesia, Portuguese and English translations. Like most MMORPGs it follows the typical fantasy setting complete with swords and sorcery, but it also emphasizes the three-way Race vs. Race vs. Race (RvRvR) concept and modern/futuristic technology such as mecha and nuclear weapons.
The NA/EU game service was brought down as of November 9, 2008, due to licence expiration. However, the developers, CCR have started to relaunch the game hosting it themselves for NA/EU. In August 2012, RF Online was confirmed to relaunch stateside via the publisher GamesCampus. RFO is a free-to-play game.

7. Atlantica Online

Atlantica Online is a free-to-play (F2P) 3D tactical massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) developed by NDOORS Corporation. The game's primary setting is a fantasy-themed alternate history Earth composed of a diverse blend of historical, cultural, allegorical, and mythological elements. One of the my favorite server atlantica is atlantica online atolfan, if you search it this server gave you a lot of good starter package in early game. The game world is primarily modeled after real-world geography with accessible locations on six of the seven continents as well as the mythical floating continent of Atlantis from which the game's name is derived.

< Message edited by damageoutput -- 12/14/2017 3:57:35 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Best of the best OLD MMORPG :D - 12/5/2017 2:34:10 AM   
Zap

?

(in reply to damageoutput)
Post #: 2
RE: Best of the best OLD MMORPG :D - 12/5/2017 7:58:52 AM   
zakblood

yes spam, again reported as such, off topic and doesn't make sense, well not to me it doesn't, thanks Zap

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 3
RE: Best of the best OLD MMORPG :D - 12/6/2017 2:02:39 AM   
damageoutput

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zap

?

Did you play the game?

quote:

ORIGINAL: zakblood

yes spam, again reported as such, off topic and doesn't make sense, well not to me it doesn't, thanks Zap

aw :( i just post old mmorpg i have been play is that wrong? :(

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 4
RE: Best of the best OLD MMORPG :D - 12/6/2017 3:47:22 AM   
zakblood

anything, that's so off topic and old to not be relevant to the board / forum gets reported as such, if you stay and talk and post links to off site boards and junk you will be made to feel welcome, but on first impressions, and a second look, it's spam

Post #: 5
RE: Best of the best OLD MMORPG :D - 12/6/2017 4:33:33 AM   
aaatoysandmore

I'm with Zak; besides everyone knows Everquest was the best MMO evah.

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 6
RE: Best of the best OLD MMORPG :D - 12/6/2017 5:06:19 AM   
zakblood

these sort of foot in the door posts, always lead to a link where someone gets spammed to death or gets offers to buy something junk, maybe wrong, as its been left and has been reported, but don't think so either, the private online quote server bit did it for me, smells of buying or selling something fishy

(in reply to aaatoysandmore)
Post #: 7
RE: Best of the best OLD MMORPG :D - 12/6/2017 6:06:05 AM   
Zap

Yes the online invitee raised red flags for me. On the first post the other info given above it seems was meant camouflage the real intentions.

< Message edited by Zap -- 12/6/2017 6:08:37 AM >

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 8
RE: Best of the best OLD MMORPG :D - 12/7/2017 1:45:06 AM   
damageoutput

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zap

Yes the online invitee raised red flags for me. On the first post the other info given above it seems was meant camouflage the real intentions.

quote:

these sort of foot in the door posts, always lead to a link where someone gets spammed to death or gets offers to buy something junk, maybe wrong, as its been left and has been reported, but don't think so either, the private online quote server bit did it for me, smells of buying or selling something fishy

well maybe i should not include the link ._. i just recomended one server i has been play :D

quote:

yeah i am sorry i just recomend one server i have been play :(

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 9
RE: Best of the best OLD MMORPG :D - 12/7/2017 4:54:06 AM   
zakblood

repeat, as none of these are war games and this is mainly a war game site, it's off top, not relevant and still spam, but as you keep coming back, then welcome to the board and forum, but please talk of game we know and share an interest in and no links thanks, then you can stay

Post #: 10
RE: Best of the best OLD MMORPG :D - 12/7/2017 5:44:16 AM   
rico21

Post #: 11
RE: Best of the best OLD MMORPG :D - 12/8/2017 1:36:08 AM   
damageoutput

quote:

repeat, as none of these are war games and this is mainly a war game site, it's off top, not relevant and still spam, but as you keep coming back, then welcome to the board and forum, but please talk of game we know and share an interest in and no links thanks, then you can stay

Well thanks for info captain zakblood :D

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 12
RE: Best of the best OLD MMORPG :D - 12/8/2017 3:17:09 AM   
terje439

Star Wars Galaxies not mentioned, so atleast a post with major flaws

"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")

Post #: 13
RE: Best of the best OLD MMORPG :D - 12/8/2017 4:50:00 AM   
zakblood

well keeps coming back and replying, so seems i was wrong maybe, not the first or last time either

and i'm no captain, highest army rank i ever got was staff Sargent

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 14
RE: Best of the best OLD MMORPG :D - 12/8/2017 2:34:32 PM   
Jevhaddah

Everquest the first, first person MMPORG.

Still playing it too
Cheers
Jev

I am really quite mad yoo know!

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 15
RE: Best of the best OLD MMORPG :D - 12/8/2017 2:42:22 PM   
zakblood

bet you've got your winter woollies on Jevhaddah

(in reply to Jevhaddah)
Post #: 16
RE: Best of the best OLD MMORPG :D - 12/8/2017 5:19:47 PM   
aaatoysandmore

quote:

ORIGINAL: terje439

Yeah, the original Star Wars Galaxies comes in 2nd.

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 17
RE: Best of the best OLD MMORPG :D - 12/8/2017 6:23:35 PM   
terje439

quote:

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

quote:

Everquest > SWG?? Did you take a fall and land on your head recently?

< Message edited by terje439 -- 12/8/2017 6:24:00 PM >

Post #: 18
RE: Best of the best OLD MMORPG :D - 12/8/2017 9:50:21 PM   
aaatoysandmore

quote:

quote:

quote:

No, did you?

Ok to be fair I'll give them equal billing with Everquest 1st as E does come before S.

< Message edited by aaatoysandmore -- 12/8/2017 9:51:58 PM >

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 19
RE: Best of the best OLD MMORPG :D - 12/8/2017 11:20:07 PM   
Lützow

Will never forget Sebilis, even it's 11 years ago I quit EverQuest for good. From playing as a hardcore raider over becoming a grognard until working as developer was a predetermined path for me. No clue how my life turned without internet.

Proud ex-member of <Darkwind>

Post #: 20
RE: Best of the best OLD MMORPG :D - 12/9/2017 6:20:34 AM   
terje439

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

No, did you?

Ok to be fair I'll give them equal billing with Everquest 1st as E does come before S.

To me SWG wins on the crafting system alone. Never seen such a complex system for crafting, with so many stats to take into consideration. The game sure had its issues, but did deserve a better fate than what it got (damn you Joe Smedley ).

Post #: 21
RE: Best of the best OLD MMORPG :D - 12/14/2017 3:46:48 AM   
damageoutput

quote:

Yep maybe i really need to add this :D

quote:

well keeps coming back and replying, so seems i was wrong maybe, not the first or last time either

and i'm no captain, highest army rank i ever got was staff Sargent

Hehe, is oke. oke Sargent !!! hahaa

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jevhaddah

Everquest the first, first person MMPORG.

Still playing it too
Cheers
Jev

Well i should add it too i guess :D

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 22
RE: Best of the best OLD MMORPG :D - 12/14/2017 6:17:49 AM   
Rising-Sun

Believe Ultima was the first MMORPG, then Everquest. EQ back in those days wasn't so bad, just couldn't find a roleplaying game to kick back and relax. World of Warcraft is pretty good now, I enjoyed it. I am always into RPPvP myself.

Post #: 23
RE: Best of the best OLD MMORPG :D - 12/14/2017 12:17:42 PM   
Jevhaddah

quote:

ORIGINAL: RisingSun

Believe Ultima was the first MMORPG, then Everquest. EQ back in those days wasn't so bad, just couldn't find a roleplaying game to kick back and relax. World of Warcraft is pretty good now, I enjoyed it. I am always into RPPvP myself.

EQ was the first, First Person MMPORG.

Ultima Online was look down I think.

Cheers
Jev

< Message edited by Jevhaddah -- 12/14/2017 12:18:05 PM >

(in reply to Rising-Sun)
Post #: 24
RE: Best of the best OLD MMORPG :D - 12/14/2017 12:33:34 PM   
aaatoysandmore

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

No, did you?

To me SWG wins on the crafting system alone. Never seen such a complex system for crafting, with so many stats to take into consideration. The game sure had its issues, but did deserve a better fate than what it got (damn you Joe Smedley ).

Notice how both games got ruined though? Everquest got ruined with POK and SWG's got ruined with the NGE. EQ became a sissy casual game as well as SWG's and yes the crafting system in SWG's has no rival. The fear factor in the original EQ is what made it great though. Haven't seen an MMO like it since where you can lose all your gear if you die and can't get back to it in a certain amount of time. Loved that about it. You had to be nice to other players in that game because some places depended on other helping you to get your corpse and equipment back.

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 25
RE: Best of the best OLD MMORPG :D - 12/15/2017 4:06:44 PM   
Greybriar

EverQuest was the reason I got an internet connection in the first place. It was my favorite MMO and I played EQ for six years. What drove me away from EQ was that players were penalized for soloing.

My next favorite MMORPG was World of WarCraft. I have played it for over twelve years now and I still play it occasionally.

The best online game I have ever played was Ultima Online. But the PvP in it was too much for me--I got tired of getting ganked. Also, I logged in one day to find that my account had been wiped--everything I had was gone including my characters. So I said goodbye to UO and haven't played it since.

This war is not about slavery. --Robert E. Lee

Post #: 26
RE: Best of the best OLD MMORPG :D - 12/15/2017 4:38:33 PM   
Lecivius

I loved the crafting in SWG. I had one of the largest businesses on Corbantis. Good times we probably will never see again MMO's anymore are grind to a max level, then grind the same stuff repeatedly for better 'gear'

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

(in reply to Greybriar)
Post #: 27
RE: Best of the best OLD MMORPG :D - 12/15/2017 5:42:20 PM   
Jevhaddah

What I liked about EQ was that yoo had to really think before yoo acted, getting yerself killed and respawning naked made yoo think twice before yoo too the plunge. Some of the best times I had on EQ was on corpse runs. I agree it was not designed for the solo player and not getting any xp from quests was a pain. EQ is still running and yoo can play for free, I have a free account and dip into it from time to time, it's also much better for soloing.

Cheers

Jev

(in reply to Lecivius)
Post #: 28
RE: Best of the best OLD MMORPG :D - 12/16/2017 3:09:44 PM   
aaatoysandmore

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

I loved the crafting in SWG. I had one of the largest businesses on Corbantis. Good times we probably will never see again MMO's anymore are grind to a max level, then grind the same stuff repeatedly for better 'gear'

That's the problem with just about all MMO's if not all the constant grind to get higher level so you can get higher gear to get higher levels to get higher gear to etc. etc. It's why I like Guild Wars as everyone gets the same gear an instead it's about skill using that gear. Though it's another that gets kinda boring because once you have that top gear there's nothing to strive for anymore but playing the same ole pvp battles and teams over n over.

The thing about EQ that made it better than most is it was an Everquest. There is so much to do in that game you will never do it all. Some epic quests are just that and take you all over the world of EQ to get the resources you need to complete the quest. It was and is a real life adventure. Plus you can solo it now all the way up to level 65 and even after if you are careful. You also don't have to sit as much as you used to before attacking something else. The old content is dead as just not many playing it anymore.
It's still the ole hack n slash for better loot though as most of them are.

When MMO's were new though EQ and SWG were the tops. Now there are so many and they are all alike trying to get your money with the free to play lure when it takes money to get the good stuff.

(in reply to Lecivius)
Post #: 29
RE: Best of the best OLD MMORPG :D - 12/16/2017 6:51:33 PM   
terje439

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

I too was a crafter (Master Bio Engineer/Master Tailor). Just before the game servers were taken down, I played the game for a week or so, still saw people wearing my clothes and riding my mounts. That was kinda neat tbh.

(in reply to Lecivius)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Best of the best OLD MMORPG :D Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI