Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1 September 1943

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> 1 September 1943 Page: <<   < prev  27 28 29 30 [31]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1 September 1943 - 6/16/2020 12:48:06 AM   
SierraJuliet

The LCU situation on Tinian. 27 IMB has been landed with 160 AV and has provided the buffer I need to repulse any further American attacks. 28 IMB starts the long road to recovery.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to SierraJuliet)
Post #: 901
1 September 1943 - 6/16/2020 12:50:03 AM   
SierraJuliet

Reported air to air losses on 1 September 1943

Attachment (1)

Post #: 902
RE: 1 September 1943 - 6/26/2020 5:29:18 PM   
saj42

I only recently got back into WITP:AE and am interested in the LST Bottlenecks scenario so have now read your whole AAR over the last week. I did start reading Mundy's AAR but gave it up at the Moulmein Army fiasco - played out much like Stalingrad... so no OPSEC breach as I couldn't handle his playstyle (each to there own).

Your bitter defence of the Marianas sure has blunted any Central Pacific expansion until '44, unless the Allies cobble together another 'kitchen sink' invasion - but he's surely gonna miss those APAs and BBs.

I notice the hard fought air battles over Buna and Milne Bay. It's great you are still holding him back here but the loss ratio is barely affordable. How much longer can you hold out there?

Post #: 903
RE: 1 September 1943 - 6/29/2020 4:54:51 AM   
SierraJuliet

quote:

ORIGINAL: saj42

I only recently got back into WITP:AE and am interested in the LST Bottlenecks scenario so have now read your whole AAR over the last week. I did start reading Mundy's AAR but gave it up at the Moulmein Army fiasco - played out much like Stalingrad... so no OPSEC breach as I couldn't handle his playstyle (each to there own).

Your bitter defence of the Marianas sure has blunted any Central Pacific expansion until '44, unless the Allies cobble together another 'kitchen sink' invasion - but he's surely gonna miss those APAs and BBs.

I notice the hard fought air battles over Buna and Milne Bay. It's great you are still holding him back here but the loss ratio is barely affordable. How much longer can you hold out there?

Hi there saj42. Thanks for taking the time to do the long read.

I work shift work so my updates seem to come in spits and spurts. I am currently a good 2 and a half months behind the action. Plenty of action to come as well.

LSTs mod is extremely good. So difficult to keep the necessary supply coming into the home islands and so very easy to crash the economy. I have learnt not to do ambitious things like bring Shinano on line through accelerated building. She is sitting quietly on the dock with all building stopped and if I were to start her up she would now enter the game sometime around February 1945 in battleship configuration. I have given up all ideas of converting her to a carrier. I am finding the U-Boats and German supply subs to be very useful additions.

Moulmein was such a satisfying result. Mundy's style seems to be go on the offensive as soon as possible and don't worry too much about any setbacks along the way. I have often commented to my son that playing against Mundy is like playing against a Soviet commander being in charge of the Allied forces... they simply keep on coming at you without regard to the loss they suffer.

The Marianas was such a close run thing. I benefited so much from having the IJN on hand and some very handy sea battles to whittle down the troops earmarked to land on Tinian. The attrition on the Allied battleships has been a bonus and to date I have only lost Kirishima of my heavy ships so I have managed to keep something of a parity in battleship numbers. I do hope he feels the loss of the APAs but the Americans seems to have an endless fleet of replacement vessels. Keeping the IJN together as a cohesive fighting unit in the face of this onslaught has been a challenge and a superb learning experience.

The aerial aspect of this game comes in pulses. I am getting to the point where using the new Japanese models and confronting the new Allied models is a new experience for me... so if nothing else I will hold out for as long as I can and learn as much as I can about confronting the late war Allied juggernaut.

(in reply to saj42)
Post #: 904
Page:   <<   < prev  27 28 29 30 [31]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> 1 September 1943 Page: <<   < prev  27 28 29 30 [31]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI