Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Exclusion Zones Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Exclusion Zones Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Exclusion Zones Question - 12/1/2017 1:22:46 AM   
IBender

According to the rules "Exclusion Zones In some Scenarios, part of the map may be partially obscured by an overlay of diagonal lines. These are Exclusion Zones, which are essentially non-playable areas. "

I have really only spent time looking at and messing around in the world war 2 1939-1945 scenario. In there, it seems there are a great many exclusion zones...in very important areas. Around many islands, including Truk and Hawaii and many others. Even one stretching from Vietnam to Alaska. How is one supposed to play like this? What am I missing? Japan has a mighty fleet sitting just north of the American Phillipines...but I cant seem to move them south towards the phillipines as they dont seem to want to cross this exclusion zone? How is Japan to attack Pearl Harbor etc? In Europe there is a line from Sweden to Poland....I cannot move german ships or units past this line towards leningrad? This European exclusion zone passes through russia all the way south even.

My only thought is that they are on timers? and disappear at certain a certain time? I am reading the rules trying to figure this out. Any help would be appreciated.

Post #: 1
RE: Exclusion Zones Question - 12/1/2017 1:44:23 AM   
sPzAbt653

Ok, a quick scan of the Scenario Briefing didn't tell me anything, so I found this in the Scenario Events:

Event: 16, Exclusion zone 2 removed
Trigger turn: 119 (December 6th, 1941).
Effect: Remove zone 2.

So it looks like when Japan and the USA are at war, the Exclusion Zone drops.

(in reply to IBender)
Post #: 2
RE: Exclusion Zones Question - 12/1/2017 1:55:42 AM   
IBender

quote:

idn't tell me anything, so I found this in the Scenario Events:

Thank you again you are very helpful. I read that stuff also but must have missed that item. Appreciate the information from you.

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 3
RE: Exclusion Zones Question - 12/1/2017 1:56:46 AM   
IBender

quote:

ound this in the Scenario Events:

Actually just realized that while I did read the briefing, I do not recall seeing something about scenario events. Where did you find that?

(in reply to IBender)
Post #: 4
RE: Exclusion Zones Question - 12/1/2017 2:57:27 AM   
sPzAbt653

Oh jeez, I deleted part of that answer as it was getting long winded, and didn't realize that I deleted the part about it coming from the Scenario Dump, which is an advanced feature that you shouldn't be expected to have to do. But sometimes it is the only way to find stuff out. If you want to know more, see the beginning of this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiRaL0s9sgg

(in reply to IBender)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Exclusion Zones Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI