Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

shift toggle button

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Tech Support >> shift toggle button Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
shift toggle button - 11/29/2017 3:51:27 PM   
speedcuff

I'm not sure this is the correct place for this post– I'll give it a try. In the war of the East game there is a button on the toolbar to toggle the shift button on and off. As I am disabled I would love to see this key in the current war of the West game as I am unable to operate the keyboard.. Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: shift toggle button - 11/29/2017 4:58:53 PM   
Joel Billings

We removed the button in WitW as we ran out of space and didn't think it was something that many players used. Never thought about someone unable to use the keyboard trying to play the game. I don't know how easy it would be to build back into the current interface (maybe if we only built it in at higher resolutions where there's space available?). In WitE2 we will have some additional space so I'll make a note to ask the programmers about this. I liked having the button because without it many new players take a long time to realize that they can make a deliberate attack. I can't make any promises, but will ask if this is something we can add back somehow.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to speedcuff)
Post #: 2
RE: shift toggle button - 11/30/2017 10:12:26 PM   
Joel Billings

I asked the programmers and there is no quick fix we can make for this. When we work on revising the WitE2 interface, we will see if we can add in a way to get into Deliberate Attack mode without having to use the keyboard. If we do that, it might go back into WitW depending on what the fix is. I'm sorry we won't be able to fix WitW so you can play without the keyboard (at least not anytime in the near future).

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Tech Support >> shift toggle button Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI