FITE 2

Post new mods and scenarios here
philippe1968

FITE 2

Post by philippe1968 »

Hello,
Why "FITE2" is in a directory name "Custom Graphics" and not in "WWII East" ?
Scenario still in working ?
I'm not english reader and I don't understand this case.
Thank's
cantona2

RE: FITE 2

Post by cantona2 »

yes scenario is working. you can find it in hypothetical scenarios driectory or just paste it into wwiieast folder
1966 was a great year for English Football...Eric was born

jjdenver

Post by jjdenver »

How can you tell whether a scenario like this can be played vs the PO? The briefing is only about 10 lines long, doesn't mention PO or PBEM, and there is no documentation button to click on to read more about the scenario.

EDIT I found a .doc file on the filesystem for this scenario and read it to find that it is not for PO play.
AARS:
CEAW-BJR Mod 2009:
tm.asp?m=2101447
AT-WW1:
tm.asp?m=1705427
AT-GPW:
tm.asp?m=1649732
Teufeldk

Post by Teufeldk »

Yeah, sorry about that.

We should probably have mentioned the .doc file in the briefing.
Regards
Kristian

philippe1968

Post by philippe1968 »

Thank you for these informations.

You said that there isn't PO play, but I see "strategics roads" of IA with objectives for each units.
Teufeldk

Post by Teufeldk »

Yes.

I think they were an early attempt to make it possible to play against the AI.

It means you can play the first few turns against the AI - to get a feeling for it. But not the whole game.

Regards
Kristian

Regards
Kristian

Teufeldk

Post by Teufeldk »

It is a huge game so it might be helpful to see how the first few turns play out against the AI before you try it against a human player.
Regards
Kristian

Lobster

Post by Lobster »

The bridges at Riga nearest the sea are broken. Even though they get blown up units can cross them at one MP at 184, 266. Makes it kind of pointless blowing the bridges. There have been a couple of other places like this but I didn't make note of the locations. Kind of wonder about the design decision to make major rivers into minor rivers at bridges. That one has me scratching my head.
http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

T.O. Trappenjagd. This should have a prerequisite. The Soviets need to be present on the Crimean Peninsula. If they were not there then this operation never would have existed.
T.O. Storfang. This should also have a prerequisite. The Soviets need to control Sevastopol. If the Sevastopol had fallen there would have been no need for this operation and it never would have existed.

These two T.O. should somehow be restricted to the narrow areas where they took place. Otherwise the German player can use them for anything. Very unhistorical since they were created only for the portion of the theater involving the Crimean Peninsula.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Lobster

Post by Lobster »

The Romanians and Finns need to be deployed off the border. If they are deployed directly on the border it can cause them to engage the Soviets in a disengagement attack. This will release the Romanians or the Fins early even though the Soviet player never attacked. If you are playing against someone who does not understand the game mechanics or has not bothered to read the .doc file the game is ruined because they will move the Fins and/or Romanians early.

Teufeldk

Post by Teufeldk »

ORIGINAL: Lobster

The bridges at Riga nearest the sea are broken. Even though they get blown up units can cross them at one MP at 184, 266. Makes it kind of pointless blowing the bridges. There have been a couple of other places like this but I didn't make note of the locations.

As far as I know, this has nothing to do with the scenario but with the game engine. Most units can cross destroyed bridges (but at a higher movement cost).
Kind of wonder about the design decision to make major rivers into minor rivers at bridges. That one has me scratching my head.

I am unsure what you mean by making major rivers into minor rivers at bridges?

Regards
Kristian

Teufeldk

Post by Teufeldk »

T.O. Trappenjagd. This should have a prerequisite. The Soviets need to be present on the Crimean Peninsula. If they were not there then this operation never would have existed.
T.O. Storfang. This should also have a prerequisite. The Soviets need to control Sevastopol. If the Sevastopol had fallen there would have been no need for this operation and it never would have existed.

These two T.O. should somehow be restricted to the narrow areas where they took place. Otherwise the German player can use them for anything. Very unhistorical since they were created only for the portion of the theater involving the Crimean Peninsula.

Good point. But on the other hand, if Sevastopol had fallen, the Germans might have made an entirely new operation somewhere else. We keep it to not punish the Germans for being good or fast.

Your point about offensives being used where they were not meant to, is also a legit point. It is a feature of such a large scenario - it is not possible to create local offensives. At least we have not found a good way.
Regards
Kristian

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

The subfolder for Fire in the East 2 in the \Graphics Override\... folder is named \FITE2\...

Shouldn't it be named the same as the scenario file name... i.e. \Fire in the East 2\... or will the scenario still find it as \FITE2\... ?

Incidentally, here's a screenshot of the area around Leningrad in FITE2 using the new Telu IV Map Mod located here: tm.asp?m=4442672

I expect this new map mod to explode in popularity quite quickly.

Regards
Attachments
FITE2.jpg
FITE2.jpg (154.88 KiB) Viewed 1870 times
Member since January 2007 (as Gray_Lensman)

Wargaming since 1971 (1st game Avalon Hill's Stalingrad)

Computering since 1977 (TRS-80) (adhoc programming & game modding ever since)
larryfulkerson

Post by larryfulkerson »

Yep, my understanding is that the scenario name is what the of the folder in graphics override folder should be named. Also, the
EQP filename and the NQP filename.....they should all be the same.
How much does one of those female sex robots cost? I'm asking for a friend.
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

ORIGINAL: Teufeldk

The bridges at Riga nearest the sea are broken. Even though they get blown up units can cross them at one MP at 184, 266. Makes it kind of pointless blowing the bridges. There have been a couple of other places like this but I didn't make note of the locations.

As far as I know, this has nothing to do with the scenario but with the game engine. Most units can cross destroyed bridges (but at a higher movement cost).

This is a tank unit crossing a 'super' river where the bridge is destroyed. It has no engineers at all. This should not be possible. What's more it does it at only one movement point. There were a couple of other places like this but do not recall where. Sorry.

Attachments
ScreenHunt..2609.58.jpg
ScreenHunt..2609.58.jpg (156.51 KiB) Viewed 1855 times

Lobster

Post by Lobster »

Kind of wonder about the design decision to make major rivers into minor rivers at bridges. That one has me scratching my head.

There are many points where a super river becomes a minor river at a bridge and then becomes a super river again making it more difficult to defend.

Attachments
ScreenHunt..2610.08.jpg
ScreenHunt..2610.08.jpg (11.64 KiB) Viewed 1856 times

Curtis Lemay

Post by Curtis Lemay »

This is a tank unit crossing a 'super' river where the bridge is destroyed. It has no engineers at all. This should not be possible. What's more it does it at only one movement point. There were a couple of other places like this but do not recall where. Sorry.

It's the anchorage tile that does it.
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
Lobster

Post by Lobster »

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay

Ah. I don't suppose there's an easy way to make the river act like a river while there is an anchorage located there?

Teufeldk

Post by Teufeldk »

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay

Thank you for your reply.

I was not aware of that. It might be reason to move or delete some of the anchorage in a later version.
Regards
Kristian

Teufeldk

Post by Teufeldk »

There are many points where a super river becomes a minor river at a bridge and then becomes a super river again making it more difficult to defend.

Maybe it is because they build the bridge at the place where the river was the most narrow?

I did not draw the map, so I don't really know, to be honest, but I think it is fairly high quality. And I can assure you that is not made on purpose to make it hard to defend. But if you find places that you think are just wrong according to the geography in the 1940's please let us know, and we will look into it.

Regards
Kristian

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”