Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Converting Really Old Scenarios - 'Next unit is not valid. Will fix'

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Converting Really Old Scenarios - 'Next unit is not valid. Will fix' Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Converting Really Old Scenarios - 'Next unit is not val... - 11/24/2017 2:24:33 PM   
IslandInland

I've been converting some scenarios to IV and they have all worked well except for the Vol.1 scenarios.

When opening them in the editor I get a 'Next unit is not valid' error. I click through the units then the editor crashes and I have to close it with Task Manager.

I realise this is a big ask as these scenarios are nearly 20 years old but is there any workaround for this error?

Thanks for any replies.

BTW, I've posted this in the main forum as I didn't want to clutter up the Mods and Scenarios sub-forum. It's already quite hard in there to spot new scenarios when they are uploaded.

< Message edited by XXXCorps -- 11/24/2017 2:25:14 PM >

I saw generals create imaginary "masses of manoeuvre" with a crayon and dispose of enemy concentrations, that were on the ground and on the map, with an eraser. Who was I to criticise them, hero as I was of a hundred "Chinagraph wars" of make-believe?
Post #: 1
RE: Converting Really Old Scenarios - 'Next unit is not... - 11/24/2017 2:32:58 PM   
Lobster

quote:

ORIGINAL: XXXCorps

I've been converting some scenarios to IV and they have all worked well except for the Vol.1 scenarios.

When opening them in the editor I get a 'Next unit is not valid' error. I click through the units then the editor crashes and I have to close it with Task Manager.

I realise this is a big ask as these scenarios are nearly 20 years old but is there any workaround for this error?

Thanks for any replies.

BTW, I've posted this in the main forum as I didn't want to clutter up the Mods and Scenarios sub-forum. It's already quite hard in there to spot new scenarios when they are uploaded.

A moderator needs to go in there and clean it up.

As for your issue. Maybe try an intermediate step. TOAW I to TOAW II and so on until it works?

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

"Getting back to reality...I'll only go as a tourist!"

(in reply to IslandInland)
Post #: 2
RE: Converting Really Old Scenarios - 'Next unit is not... - 11/24/2017 2:36:52 PM   
IslandInland

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lobster

quote:

ORIGINAL: XXXCorps

Thanks for any replies.

A moderator needs to go in there and clean it up.

As for your issue. Maybe try an intermediate step. TOAW I to TOAW II and so on until it works?

Unfortunately I don't have II. I have III and IV. I tried saving it in III and then opening it in IV but that didn't work either.

Thanks, anyway.

I saw generals create imaginary "masses of manoeuvre" with a crayon and dispose of enemy concentrations, that were on the ground and on the map, with an eraser. Who was I to criticise them, hero as I was of a hundred "Chinagraph wars" of make-believe?

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 3
RE: Converting Really Old Scenarios - 'Next unit is not... - 11/24/2017 4:05:39 PM   
sPzAbt653

See Post #10 here, if you already hadn't:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4381697

This guy has converted it seems just about everything to TOAW III, so maybe what you are trying to convert is also there, already good for III

(in reply to IslandInland)
Post #: 4
RE: Converting Really Old Scenarios - 'Next unit is not... - 11/24/2017 4:17:25 PM   
IslandInland

quote:

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653

See Post #10 here, if you already hadn't:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4381697

This guy has converted it seems just about everything to TOAW III, so maybe what you are trying to convert is also there, already good for III

Thanks. I downloaded all of the archive Ryan put together but I forgot that he had already converted many of the old scenarios to III so now I can just convert them to IV.

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> Converting Really Old Scenarios - 'Next unit is not valid. Will fix' Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI