EDIT: The public beta has been updated to version 188.8.131.52. Download link below has been replaced, and changelog updated.
The TOAWIV team has been working hard to address the few issues that have come up during the week since release, and also to incorporate the feedback that you have provided.
All of these fixes and changes are now available in this public beta update. While we have found this version to be stable, with such a complex game we need more testing to confirm everything works as intended, before we can make it official.
If you want to have an early look, and help us test the patch, you can grab it from the link just below. If you have any technical issues to report with this patch, please make sure to use the "[184.108.40.206]" prefix on any thread title you open in the Tech Support sub-forum. If you wish to leave any general feedback on the beta update, please use this thread.
DOWNLOAD TOAWIV 220.127.116.11 Public Beta
The update comes in a zip package. It needs to be unzipped into the game's main folder, overwriting the existing files.
This folder, by default, is "Program Files(x86)\Matrix Games\The Operational Art of War IV"
If you are unable to unzip the package into this location (this is possible with certain system settings), then please unzip it into a separate folder, and then copy the files into the game's main folder referenced above.
LIST OF CHANGES:
Fixed saving JPGs.
Made a change that may help with the black boxes.
Fixed loading a unit into the editor.
Tooltips should now remain onscreen.
The editor will no longer crash with a bad OOB, instead it will try to clean it up and give warnings.
Did some more rewriting to make the scenario loading code even more bulletproof.
Hints no longer happen when a popup menu is open.
Supply over railroads when there is a RoadCost other than the default now work correctly.
Modified the AirBorne cost when there is a RoadCost other than the default but haven't had a chance to test it.
Made a change that might help with the issue of the combat report dialog crashing.
The close dialog on the New Scenario Dialog now returns to the start screen.
- Fixed crash in Bitter Victory Sicily. I believe this was caused by a land unit being knocked out of ship transport mode while moving as a fleet when it was the last remaining unit.
- Fixed issue with the AI not moving Ships. It may have prevented some land units from moving as well. I made a change to make the ship AI faster but didn't fully test it.
- Found and fixed the bug that causes the formation lines to show up. Since it's intermittent, I can't verify 100% that it's fixed, but I believe it is.
- Added a Graphics entry under the [Scaling] section fo the Opart 4 Fonts.ini file
This upscales many of the graphics. Values greater than one make things bigger, values less than one make things smaller. This should be used with larger or smaller fonts.
- Added in some updates to the expanded time and distance rules. Bob had made these a couple of weeks ago but since none of the current scenarios use them I didn't want to put this out as part of the release. No UI changes, just some cleanup of the existing new levels.
- Chinese characters should now show up in the diplomatic pouch.
- Classic view map resizing no longer leaves classic view.
- Fixed issue with Chinese in diplomacy pouch
- Fixed issue with zoom in classic view leaving classic view.
- Fixed issue with loading/saving non-game object like units.
- Fixed Net Awards calculation
- Fixed F1 now opens the manual
- Made scrolling easier.
Increased the scrolling area around the main map to 32 pixels.
Modified the dialog boxes so that the mouse capture no longer extends beyond the visible area
Modified the dialog boxes so that the drag area is 15 pixels around the visible area
- Hid the warfare panel on screens equal to or smaller than 1024x768.
- Clicking in the combat planner should no longer cause a double-click.
- To help isolate and/or fix the problems some people are having with Chinese logins, if you add a file called DefaultFolder.txt file and put the path to the folder inside, it will use that instead of trying to find the my documents folder. To use this, you might create a folder called C:/TOAW and put contents of Documents/My Games/The Operational Art of War IV and all it's subfolders into it. Then launch TOAW as an administrator and it should work.
- To help diagnose an issue some people are having with pauses, if you open the Opart 4.ini file in Documents/My Games/The Operational Art of War IV and add a line labeled smallram=Y it may help.
- Game Select dialog now has labels for the buttons. This should help new players.
- PBEM Errors should no longer leave you on a blank screen.
- Shifted Units slightly left in the smaller views to make them look better.
- Start up code show now give better error messages.
- Tweaked the position of the counter on the map.
- Fixed the issue with right scroll not working after changing from large to small map view
- Fixed occasional crashes with playback in PBEM++
< Message edited by Tamas -- 2/13/2018 8:41:41 AM >