Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: OT - Flat Earth Exists!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: OT - Flat Earth Exists! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: OT - Flat Earth Exists! - 2/25/2020 5:30:09 PM   
Scott_USN

Did he reach altitude to see that he was wrong all along before perishing?

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 61
RE: OT - Flat Earth Exists! - 2/26/2020 3:58:27 AM   
Dili

quote:

ORIGINAL: HansBolter

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

To be fair, has anyone actually presented any proof the guy is wrong? I mean, where is there even the slightest actual evidence that the earth is round?

Perhaps one of the most famous photos ever taken........

or the fact that the orbital mechanics necessary to send a craft to the location the photo was taken actually worked.

That's too high tech.

A ship appears in the horizon by the it higher part and disappears by it is lower part. Greeks, Romans already know that Earth was round. Of course fata morgana might also appeared...

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 62
RE: OT - Flat Earth Exists! - 2/26/2020 5:46:00 PM   
tolsdorff

for those interested, his final flight

(in reply to Dili)
Post #: 63
RE: OT - Flat Earth Exists! - 2/29/2020 4:05:41 AM   
NigelKentarus

There may not be a law against stupidity, but there are sure warnings. Such as...Do NOT use Hair Dryer (Toaster,Electric Razor, etc) in the shower.

Fight like you're the 3rd monkey on the plank to Noah's ark. And brother, it's starting to rain.

(in reply to Bo Rearguard)
Post #: 64
RE: OT - Flat Earth Exists! - 2/29/2020 5:15:58 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: NigelKentarus

There may not be a law against stupidity, but there are sure warnings. Such as...Do NOT use Hair Dryer (Toaster,Electric Razor, etc) in the shower.

In a TV News commentary on the subject of risks of using technology, they showed a clip of some good-ol-boys pouring gasoline into a toaster that was plugged in and operating (at least they knew to do it outside!). The gasoline naturally ignited and set the toaster on fire and almost set the gas can on fire too. The boys unplugged the toaster and watched it burn, as though a toaster burning after gasoline was poured in it was an unexpected outcome.

the risk commentary was about the risk of the toaster starting on fire and whether or not such technology should be in our homes. I think the toaster would have been welcome in my home, but the boys ... not so much!

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to NigelKentarus)
Post #: 65
RE: OT - Flat Earth Exists! - 2/29/2020 10:17:01 AM   
MakeeLearn

Flat Earth Map

Attachment (1)

“Being intelligent is no guarantee against being stupid”

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 66
RE: OT - Flat Earth Exists! - 2/29/2020 10:26:04 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

In a TV News commentary on the subject of risks of using technology, they showed a clip of some good-ol-boys pouring gasoline into a toaster that was plugged in and operating (at least they knew to do it outside!). The gasoline naturally ignited and set the toaster on fire and almost set the gas can on fire too. The boys unplugged the toaster and watched it burn, as though a toaster burning after gasoline was poured in it was an unexpected outcome.

the risk commentary was about the risk of the toaster starting on fire and whether or not such technology should be in our homes. I think the toaster would have been welcome in my home, but the boys ... not so much!
warspite1

I think this was a highly educational piece. I think we need to be aware of what is in our homes and what could be the impact should one or more of a variety of scenarios come to pass.

I have simply lost count of the number of times I've woken in the morning, headed to the kitchen only to find gasoline has been poured into my toaster. Thanks to this clip, at least now I know what may happen as a result.

Stay safe.

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 67
RE: OT - Flat Earth Exists! - 2/29/2020 4:31:49 PM   
Zorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

warspite1

I think this was a highly educational piece. I think we need to be aware of what is in our homes and what could be the impact should one or more of a variety of scenarios come to pass.

I have simply lost count of the number of times I've woken in the morning, headed to the kitchen only to find gasoline has been poured into my toaster. Thanks to this clip, at least now I know what may happen as a result.

Stay safe.

I mitigate this risk by placing my toaster in the icebox before I use it.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 68
RE: OT - Flat Earth Exists! - 2/29/2020 6:35:39 PM   
rustysi

quote:

Well I've always said we should take away all warning signs, and let nature take its course.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to NigelKentarus)
Post #: 69
RE: OT - Flat Earth Exists! - 2/29/2020 7:23:39 PM   
btd64

quote:

ORIGINAL: rustysi

quote:

Well I've always said we should take away all warning signs, and let nature take its course.

Natural selection....GP

Intel i7 3.4GHz,8GB Ram,1920x1080 rez

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

I don't like paying for the same real estate twice..Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 70
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: OT - Flat Earth Exists! Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI