Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

About supply

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> About supply Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
About supply - 11/21/2017 5:11:58 PM   
Kumppi

I'm playing the Cuba 62 scenario and was wondering how supply is handled in case of amphibious landings. As far as I understand it supply is not traced across sea hexes, which begs the question. How do I know if my units after having made an amphibious landing are able to receive supply?
Post #: 1
RE: About supply - 11/21/2017 5:27:12 PM   
sPzAbt653

I have played the heck out of this one! The question you ask is a sore point in many scenarios, because friendly supply points that are enemy occupied are not visible to the friendly side, as you have discovered. The designer may have provided a hint in the briefing, but didn't go all the way in giving the info that you need. Usually the designer does, but not always, and this is an old scenario.

Anyway, the sure fire way to get the info is by running a Scenario Dump in the Editor. Players should not be expected to have to this, so I will give you the info:

Supply Points:
UNITED STATES: 6,16 (Los Arroyos).
UNITED STATES: 72,31 (US Naval Station).
UNITED STATES: 10,17 (Punta Cartas).
UNITED STATES: 59,29 (Manzanillo).
UNITED STATES: 68,24 (Banes).
UNITED STATES: 28,0.
UNITED STATES: 33,18 (Cienfuegos).
UNITED STATES: 57,21 (Nuevitas).
UNITED STATES: 26,12 (MATANZAS).
CUBAN: 20,11 (* H A V A N A *).
CUBAN: 11,16 (PINAR DEL RIO).
CUBAN: 26,12 (MATANZAS).
CUBAN: 37,16 (SANTA CLARA).
CUBAN: 52,22 (CAMAGUEY).
CUBAN: 64,25 (HOLGUIN).
CUBAN: 18,19 (Jucaro).

If anyone is interested in how to do this, you open the Editor, then open the scenario, then in the File drop down menu choose Dump Scenario As. You must save this file to a place where you know it is, and save it as a .txt document, otherwise you won't be able to find it nor be able to use it. You can then open this document and get all sorts of info, like the stuff I posted above.

< Message edited by sPzAbt653 -- 11/21/2017 5:28:27 PM >

(in reply to Kumppi)
Post #: 2
RE: About supply - 11/21/2017 5:36:20 PM   
Kumppi

Thanks. I wonder why the player is not given the possibility to see all his possible supply point locations. This info is very important when planning operations. For instance it would have saved me for restarting the scenario couple of times just because my units landed in a wrong place.

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 3
RE: About supply - 11/21/2017 5:59:38 PM   
sPzAbt653

I don't know, probably to avoid some sort of confusion, or something. At least you have the info now, and know how to get it if the scenario information doesn't provide it. Most do these days.

It is different times these days than 20+ years ago. I always take pokes at the early designers for including lists of unit colors in their scenario descriptions [who cares] instead of including valuable info like where are your supply points [especially for amphib ops].

(in reply to Kumppi)
Post #: 4
RE: About supply - 11/21/2017 6:33:51 PM   
Moltke71

+1 Great tip!

Jim Cobb

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV >> About supply Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI