Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Help with pbem program?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Help with pbem program? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help with pbem program? - 5/28/2001 11:18:00 PM   
Alby

Trying to use fuetes pbem program, I am pretty sure I have all the options set correctly, when I try to send the game files, it goes thru all the compressing ok, then when it goes to send the game, I am getting PBEM(not responding).when i check using alt/cntl/delete any ideas, clues??? thanks

Post #: 1
- 5/29/2001 12:03:00 AM   
Fuerte

Are you using MAPI or SMTP? If MAPI, then what e-mail client are you using (Outlook Express, Outlook, Netscape, Eudora etc)? What operating system (Win95/98/ME)? What PBEM version do you have?

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 2
- 5/29/2001 1:10:00 AM   
Alby

using smpt with outlook express win ME OS have latest version of pbem 1.0.94 I can send myself the test emails, also I can send text to others, just cant send game files for some reason ;) [ May 28, 2001: Message edited by: Alby ]

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 3
- 5/29/2001 3:27:00 AM   
Fuerte

The latest PBEM version is 1.0.135 (14.5.2001), but it's likely that it will not solve your problem, you could try it though. I wonder why you don't use MAPI because you have OE, it should work. Maybe you don't want the Sent Items to be filled with PBEM e-mails? I have WinME and OE 5.5 as well. I guess that you have tried MAPI but it does not work either? When sending via SMTP, does it open the SMTP sending window, but hang there? I don't understand, if you can send the test message, it should work... maybe your SMTP server does not like large attachments.

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 4
- 5/29/2001 5:36:00 AM   
Alby

Hmmm I got this version from downloads page that says "latest version" yes it opens up the sending window, then just hangs there, I havnt tried the mapi, do you think it may work better? I can send the files using regular email so dont think size has anything to do with it. Ill try mapi, see if that helps thanks ;)

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 5
- 5/29/2001 5:57:00 AM   
Alby

Well switched to mapi, sent myself a test game and it went thru, so perhaps that was my problem, I take it the latest version is at your page??? thanks for your help! :)

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 6
- 5/29/2001 8:06:00 AM   
Drex

Hi Alby. If you click on the options button on the pbem helper it will allow you to update automatically. I f someone has a newer version than you, the pbem helper will tell you then you can go to the options button and upgrade.

quote:

Col Saito: "Don't speak to me of rules! This is war! It is not a game of cricket!"

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 7
- 5/30/2001 12:08:00 AM   
Fuerte

There is no automatic update feature in PBEM helper, there is only a message if someone of your opponents has a newer version than you. But as you said, in Help / About F1 there is a Check the latest version link, which opens the latest readme. You can download the version from there.

(in reply to Alby)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Help with pbem program? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI