Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Aircraft Attack Maneuvers

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Aircraft Attack Maneuvers Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Aircraft Attack Maneuvers - 10/30/2017 5:11:03 PM   
DrRansom

My post is inspired by this comment in the thread "Hit hard hit fast - any advice?"

quote:

Remember that light flak is not effective above 10k feet or so. One method to use, if the aircraft has the climb/dive speed, is to approach the target low, climb outside AAA range and then dive in to attack at 2-4k' AGL before climbing again on your egress. It minimizes your exposure to flak but requires a lot of hands-on. Alternatively you can do a low fly-by with a recon a/c followed closely by some flak suppression flights before the main attack arrives.

Is it possible to program in different transit and terminal attack maneuvers for aircraft? These maneuvers can capture in-flight aircraft tactics, but not require extensive player micromanagement.

Off the top of my head, some candidates are:
- Low altitude flight, followed by pop-up and dive on target, as described above
- Random pop-up and radar activation in anti-shipping missions, to locate the target ships without running the surface search radar the whole time
- LGB, dumb-bomb, and nuclear bomb toss-bombing
- Last minute pop-up to launch altitude for stand-off munitions, e.g. AGM-130 launch from F-15Es, who approach at low-altitude then climb to launch altitude for the smallest window possible

The first two options would really change how common missions in CMANO take place and would, I think, better capture aircraft tactics. The best application for this would be on the AI side, to automate what players would naturally do.
Post #: 1
RE: Aircraft Attack Maneuvers - 10/30/2017 6:50:28 PM   
Cik

I'd like to see this, along with some general A-A tactics as well.

I'm sure it's possible, whether it's feasible is really just a question of how much work it would require. my bet is on "quite a bit" but long-term it'd probably be worth it IMHO.

(in reply to DrRansom)
Post #: 2
RE: Aircraft Attack Maneuvers - 10/30/2017 10:09:34 PM   
ComDev

For now, you can adjust waypoint altitude and speed for airborne aircraft, and adjust the flight profile that way.

Developer "Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations" project!

(in reply to Cik)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Aircraft Attack Maneuvers Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI