Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Sound issue Windows 10

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Sound issue Windows 10 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sound issue Windows 10 - 10/29/2017 11:34:51 AM   
Aroquesada

Hi,

First, apologize for my language level (not good).
Yesterday, i bought Witp-AE and i've a problem with sound. Basically, there is no sound (no effects, no music, nothing...). I've Win 10.

I've tried all the options indicated in the forum without success ( -multiaudio parameter, apply Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to restore Directx 12, etc...).

I'm a bit desesperate with this issue. Any help will be welcome.

The details of my machine with dxdiag are attached.

Thank you very much in advance.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Sound issue Windows 10 - 10/29/2017 3:07:06 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Aroquesada

Hi,

First, apologize for my language level (not good).
Yesterday, i bought Witp-AE and i've a problem with sound. Basically, there is no sound (no effects, no music, nothing...). I've Win 10.

I've tried all the options indicated in the forum without success ( -multiaudio parameter, apply Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to restore Directx 12, etc...).

I'm a bit desesperate with this issue. Any help will be welcome.

Thank you very much in advance.

Go to the "Preferences" button at the top left of the map screen (or just press the "P" key). It will bring up a menu that allows you to set sound levels for several things - music, background sounds, combat sounds, etc.
If you still get no audio, check that your Windows sound is on (the speaker icon at the bottom of the screen).

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Aroquesada)
Post #: 2
RE: Sound issue Windows 10 - 10/29/2017 3:24:41 PM   
Aroquesada

Please, no jokes!.

This is a more complex issue. These steps are the first ones that i checked a lot of hours ago.

Thx anyway.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 3
RE: Sound issue Windows 10 - 10/29/2017 3:33:04 PM   
zakblood

links dead so can't comment on speck and can't DL and look and offer advice or opinion on spec and drivers loaded etc

(in reply to Aroquesada)
Post #: 4
RE: Sound issue Windows 10 - 10/29/2017 3:52:13 PM   
Alfred

There is nothing with your attachment.

Many people play AE under Win10 with sound.  Thus the problem is not generic but specific to your situation.  So lets start off with the basics.

1.  Which version of the game have you installed?

2.  Is the Sound folder located in its default installation

C:\MatrxGames\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\Sound

3.  Are the sound files in the sound folder .SFX files

4.  Does Windows Media Player open the .SFX files when they are clicked?  For example file 1727 should be Japanese orphan Annie speaking.

5.  Post your exact command line switches and where they are located.

Alfred

(in reply to Aroquesada)
Post #: 5
RE: Sound issue Windows 10 - 10/29/2017 4:11:48 PM   
Aroquesada

These are my answers:

1. Last version "WarinthePacificAdmiralsEdition-UpdateComp-v1126a"

2. Yes, sound folder is in the default installation (but folder is SOUND, with capital letters)

3. Yes, sound files are in the sound folder and are .SFX files

4. Win10 hasn't Windows Media Player, i'm using VLC. When i click a sound file it sounds perfectly.

5. My command line:

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -cpu4 -deepColor -multiaudio -SingleCpuOrders -deepColor -altFont -px1920 -py1080

(Is a direct access from desktop)

Thank you very much for your interest.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 6
RE: Sound issue Windows 10 - 10/29/2017 4:18:07 PM   
zakblood

windows 10 does have media player, you just need to add it in like directxplay etc

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Aroquesada)
Post #: 7
RE: Sound issue Windows 10 - 10/29/2017 4:19:46 PM   
zakblood

here you go

Attachment (1)

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 8
RE: Sound issue Windows 10 - 10/29/2017 4:20:52 PM   
zakblood

default apps

quote:

links dead

my spec is win 10 also

Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit (10.0, Build 16299) (16299.rs3_release.170928-1534)

latest version ^^

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by zakblood -- 10/29/2017 4:23:54 PM >

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 9
RE: Sound issue Windows 10 - 10/29/2017 4:47:30 PM   
Alfred

AE was coded for DirectX9.  It is possible that DirectX12 is the problem although if the introductory movie plays it should mean you are "wired" for sound.

If zakblood's suggestions do not work, read this thread which provided codecs to work for Win7 which perhaps are missing under DirectX12.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3045227&mpage=1&key=sound&#3045227

Alfred

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 10
RE: Sound issue Windows 10 - 10/29/2017 7:44:07 PM   
zakblood

game won't work with DirectX12 as it's been coded for DirectX9 so needs the version that came with the released version of the game.

also on windows 10, you need to put back it which windows 10 takes out by default, eg media player as it has the correct codex's and also directxplay as install DirectX9 without it on almost all DirectX9 games throws up a wobbly in one way or another, so best to have all 3 to be sure

as you can see from my list of installed stuff, i play all sorts and ages of games on windows 10, i don't use upgraded to versions, only clean installed iso's so a clean install, and have a few older files to pre load before i install and test any old game, or new for that matter, i also still play DOS games in windows 10, as of yet, with my game collection and site testing, only a handful of games so far i haven't been able to get fully working in windows 10, normally the res issue, but some are more fussy with high DPI as well...

next as you can see from my list, i have the 32bit and 64bit versions loaded, as i'm on a 64bit version of windows, running mostly 32bit coded apps and games and programs, so the 32bit file needs installing first, then the 64bit in that order as recommended by M/S.

M/S XNA is needed for the version used, so yes the latest won't make a earlier version work, same as net framework + VC++ etc etc

and finally Nvidia drivers, newest won't support the older games either, so both the latest and Legacy drivers need loading, which oddly enough is the latest first then and only then, the older Legacy version.

with 30 odd years in IT support, you learn a few things and the net is the greatest teacher, with advice all over if you look hard enough...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by zakblood -- 10/29/2017 7:53:41 PM >

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 11
RE: Sound issue Windows 10 - 10/30/2017 8:51:28 PM   
Aroquesada

SOLVED!!!

zakblood give me the key with Windows Media Player (i didn't know that is a separate installation, and i haven't WMP in my PC... i use VLC). I installed WMP and activate its characteristic in Control Panel. Then i associated .SFX files to WMP and... voilá!... sound returned.

I didn't need codecs or investigate any of the other potential solutions (anyway, good suggestions although i didn't need them).

Thank you very much everyone for the useful ideas and your help.

Best Regards,

Antonio.

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Sound issue Windows 10 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI