Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

differences between large campaigns

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> differences between large campaigns Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
differences between large campaigns - 10/22/2017 8:59:01 AM   
aldiladeisogni1

I've always played 1941-45 campaign and once Bitter end, can you explain the differences between all the big campaigns?
thank you.
Post #: 1
RE: differences between large campaigns - 10/22/2017 10:01:40 AM   
gmtello

42 is focus on blue ofensive against stalingrad and Caucasus (easiest camp for German side). 43 focus in Kerch op citadel even cutting the salient and destroying the red army there is very dif for the German . 42 stalingrad starts with the German army bad deployed and if the Russian gets the encirclement the German army suffers. 44 start with bagration and should end in Berlin the German army is very well deployed

(in reply to aldiladeisogni1)
Post #: 2
RE: differences between large campaigns - 10/22/2017 10:49:23 AM   
gmtello

The vp are counted different in 41 campaigns. Bitter takes in consideration how long the German keeps towns while the others focus more n the situation of the German army. If the German army is fourth de from the 6/41 start or not

(in reply to gmtello)
Post #: 3
RE: differences between large campaigns - 10/22/2017 10:50:42 AM   
gmtello

quote:

ORIGINAL: gmtello

The vp are counted different in 41 campaigns. Bitter takes in consideration how long the German keeps towns while the others focus more n the situation of the German army. If the German army is behind or not h de from the 6/41 start or not

(in reply to gmtello)
Post #: 4
RE: differences between large campaigns - 10/22/2017 6:11:33 PM   
aldiladeisogni1

quote:

42 is focus on blue ofensive against stalingrad and Caucasus (easiest camp for German side). 43 focus in Kerch op citadel even cutting the salient and destroying the red army there is very dif for the German . 42 stalingrad starts with the German army bad deployed and if the Russian gets the encirclement the German army suffers. 44 start with bagration and should end in Berlin the German army is very well deployed

Ok but I meant the difference between 1941-45 campaign, alt cv, alt cv260, sudden death.
all have different goals but what are they?

(in reply to gmtello)
Post #: 5
RE: differences between large campaigns - 10/23/2017 11:05:10 AM   
No idea

quote:

ORIGINAL: aldiladeisogni1

quote:

Ok but I meant the difference between 1941-45 campaign, alt cv, alt cv260, sudden death.
all have different goals but what are they?

My knowledge is limited, as I usually play just the 1941 to 1945 "normal" campaign, but I will try to explain how they work:

The "normal" 1941-1945 camp. will force you to play from 1941 to 1945 or until you reach 290 points as german player, iirc. See below for what these points represent

The alt cv is the same camp. but with a better way to calculate the CV you see on counters (this has lost its purpose, as now all camp. are played with the alt cv calculus)

The alt cv 260 is a camp. that ends as soon as the german player gets 260 points. Points that depend on cities taken. A city hex gives you one point, a light urban 3 and a heavy urban five, iirc.

The sudden death camp. lets you play from 1941 to 1945 BUT if, in some given dates (you can see these dates on the camp. explanation) a player is above or below a given number of points (which are calculated based not just on cities taken but also in military losses, check the particular camp. for more details) then the game ends.

(in reply to aldiladeisogni1)
Post #: 6
RE: differences between large campaigns - 10/23/2017 1:38:57 PM   
morvael

1) 1941-45 Campaign - base campaign, played until the end OR until Axis capture 290 VP OR until USSR captures Berlin
2) Alt CV - now identical as #1, as alternate CV mode can be turned on for any scenario via Game Option
3) Alt VC260 - slightly shorter campaign, played until the end OR until Axis capture 260 VP OR until USSR captures Berlin
4) Sudden Death - similar to #3, but if certain VP level is not achieved/maintained at specific dates (usually in spring), game abruptly ends (buggy until next patch)
5) Bitter End - as #1, but always played until the end (no way to end earlier), using scoring method from smaller scenarios

First four scenarios are not concerned with your losses, only with control of cities on the map (that can trigger earlier end of the game if specific levels are achieved/lost). I call these "big VP".
Bitter End awards "small VP" for destroying enemy forces and holding specific cities (per half-turn). It's ideal if you want to compare who fared better, if you manage to play two games of Bitter End while switching sides. Then you get to compare final "small VP" ratio.

(in reply to No idea)
Post #: 7
RE: differences between large campaigns - 10/23/2017 2:50:37 PM   
aldiladeisogni1

Thanks to both. now it's all clear

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> differences between large campaigns Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI