Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Japanese Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Japanese Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Japanese Question - 9/19/2017 12:50:00 AM   
DOCUP

Looking over Japanese units in China. I am wondering what some of the names mean. I have seen Mixed rgt, RGC Temp, and so on. Can someone educate me on what the story is behind the names.

thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Japanese Question - 9/19/2017 1:29:58 AM   
InfiniteMonkey

Another Forumite posted about https://www.amazon.com/Rikugun-Japanese-1937-1945-Tactical-Organization-ebook/dp/B074QR6R1V/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1505784404&sr=8-1&keywords=rikugun I heartily recommend reading both volumes on Kindle ($8/$4 each) if you want to understand the meaning of all those names. Those two books on Kindle are well worth $8 to anyone on these forums imo.

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 2
RE: Japanese Question - 9/19/2017 1:37:21 AM   
Nami Koshino

quote:

ORIGINAL: DOCUP

Looking over Japanese units in China. I am wondering what some of the names mean. I have seen Mixed rgt, RGC Temp, and so on. Can someone educate me on what the story is behind the names.

thanks

Mixed rgt would likely stand for Mixed Regiment. RGC is the abbreviation for Reformed Government of China which was the name of the collaborationist government initially established by the Japanese in the 1930s.

Rice is a great snack when you're hungry and you want 2,000 of something to eat.

(in reply to DOCUP)
Post #: 3
RE: Japanese Question - 9/19/2017 3:59:14 AM   
jgsIII

quote:

ORIGINAL: InfiniteMonkey

Another Forumite posted about https://www.amazon.com/Rikugun-Japanese-1937-1945-Tactical-Organization-ebook/dp/B074QR6R1V/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1505784404&sr=8-1&keywords=rikugun I heartily recommend reading both volumes on Kindle ($8/$4 each) if you want to understand the meaning of all those names. Those two books on Kindle are well worth $8 to anyone on these forums imo.

Thank you for the link. It adds a lot to the background of the game.

(in reply to InfiniteMonkey)
Post #: 4
RE: Japanese Question - 9/19/2017 4:22:01 AM   
InfiniteMonkey

quote:

ORIGINAL: jgs

quote:

ORIGINAL: InfiniteMonkey

Thank you for the link. It adds a lot to the background of the game.

I wish I could take credit, but someone else on the forum put the link in a post recently. I bought and read both after they posted. I was too lazy to find and link the original post.

(in reply to jgsIII)
Post #: 5
RE: Japanese Question - 9/22/2017 6:30:32 PM   
rustysi

quote:

RGC is the abbreviation for Reformed Government of China which was the name of the collaborationist government initially established by the Japanese in the 1930s.

I knew they were the 'collaborationist' forces, but was unaware of what RGC stood for, thanks for the post.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to InfiniteMonkey)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Japanese Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI