Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Liberate France Crash

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Liberate France Crash Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Liberate France Crash - 8/23/2017 2:45:05 AM   
Majorball68

Have the option to Liberate France but game gives a fatal exception. Have tried to use save in a later version and the same issue. Current version 2.2.8

There was no Free France with this game so don't know if that has anything to do with it. I was under the impression Vichy would go French should the Allies capture Paris and liberate.

Can carry on with the game by not liberating France but it would be good to know if this issue can be fixed.

Save attached just advance a couple of steps and liberate France to re create.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Liberate France Crash - 8/23/2017 3:28:54 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

There have been a lot of changes since 02.02.08.00.

But the bug you encountered was still present when I ran your saved game using version 2.5.5.3.

I fixed the problem (it had to do with splitting Vichy French convoys (in case they were overrun and had to be rebased).

Attached is your saved game - repaired (after the liberation of France).

However, I am not sure if this saved game will restore correctly using version 2.2.8.0. I edited the GAM file to change the version number from 2.5.5.3 back to 2.2.8.0, but that might not have been enough.

You could try upgrading to version 2.5.5.0 and then restore the Repaired saved game (that should work).

Attachment (1)

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to Majorball68)
Post #: 2
RE: Liberate France Crash - 8/23/2017 4:43:23 AM   
paulderynck

I believe the bug we hit with liberating France in our multi-player game is still unfixed. There was no Vichy because France had been incompletely conquered so (Free) France and the CW weren't cooperating. But after France was liberated by the USA, the CW could give back hexes it held in France and should have gained the ability to cooperate with liberated France. Didn't work.

Paul

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 3
RE: Liberate France Crash - 8/23/2017 5:00:32 AM   
Majorball68

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

I believe the bug we hit with liberating France in our multi-player game is still unfixed. There was no Vichy because France had been incompletely conquered so (Free) France and the CW weren't cooperating. But after France was liberated by the USA, the CW could give back hexes it held in France and should have gained the ability to cooperate with liberated France. Didn't work.

Thanks

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 4
RE: Liberate France Crash - 8/23/2017 5:07:08 AM   
Majorball68

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

No good with the save in either version. Is there something I can do to fix the original save from my end?

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Liberate France Crash Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI