Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Aggregated losses

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Aggregated losses Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Aggregated losses - 7/4/2017 5:37:00 PM   
wqc12345

I'm gathering there is no "true" losses that are tallied for the belligerents. Meaning, it's abstracted to types of units and how many of those you have lost? But not total losses in men and material that comprise those units. ? Correct? Will this be different in toaw IV?
Post #: 1
RE: Aggregated losses - 7/4/2017 7:22:07 PM   
Lobster

Abstracted? How is it abstracted? The only abstracted equipment in this game are the trucks. This is not a tactical game like Close Combat or Combat Mission. You won't see Bob, Jim and Adolph become casualties in first squad. It's an operational game. You'll see squads and individual pieces of equipment become casualties. Now if you wanted to see what equipment different squads carried I'm sure you could find the resources to tell you that and figure out how much equipment was lost per squad. But to what end?

< Message edited by Lobster -- 7/4/2017 7:28:27 PM >

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

"Getting back to reality...I'll only go as a tourist!"

(in reply to wqc12345)
Post #: 2
RE: Aggregated losses - 7/4/2017 8:48:34 PM   
wqc12345

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. Sorry.

In WiTW, you get total loses of men and material, the units themselves are made up of elements that are similar to how it's represented in toaw iii. However, losses in toaw iii are only represented via these elements (lost squads, or armor for example), and not the total actual men and/or total material that made up those elements. Make sense so far? So, what I was asking was is there a tally of those actual men and material in toaw iii? I don't think so, not like what you have in WitW.

< Message edited by wqc12345 -- 7/4/2017 8:49:51 PM >

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 3
RE: Aggregated losses - 7/5/2017 12:32:11 AM   
Lobster

quote:

ORIGINAL: wqc12345

Maybe I wasn't clear enough. Sorry.

In WiTW, you get total loses of men and material, the units themselves are made up of elements that are similar to how it's represented in toaw iii. However, losses in toaw iii are only represented via these elements (lost squads, or armor for example), and not the total actual men and/or total material that made up those elements. Make sense so far? So, what I was asking was is there a tally of those actual men and material in toaw iii? I don't think so, not like what you have in WitW.

These are just numbers. They don't tell me much of anything. I stopped playing this game a month after I paid too much for it.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to wqc12345)
Post #: 4
RE: Aggregated losses - 7/5/2017 5:50:23 PM   
wqc12345

OK, I understand your point. I was just curious if I was missing anything and not seeing the aggregated losses, like I've seen in other games. Wasn't comparing the two, just wanted to understand if there is something like this in the game. I'm guessing, no.

Thanks for the help.

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 5
RE: Aggregated losses - 7/5/2017 7:40:36 PM   
Lobster

quote:

ORIGINAL: wqc12345

OK, I understand your point. I was just curious if I was missing anything and not seeing the aggregated losses, like I've seen in other games. Wasn't comparing the two, just wanted to understand if there is something like this in the game. I'm guessing, no.

Thanks for the help.

No don't go yet.

While there are no numbers thrown at you like WitE/W you are given percentages of equipment/personnel losses. It's still numbers and still practically as meaningless. You are given a running tally of what was lost all throughout a scenario. More numbers. I'm not saying it's bad. But sometimes we focus too much on the numbers and not enough on what needs to be accomplished. There is so much information thrown at you in either game that you can become bogged down in all of it. Some people love that kind of detail. Stay tuned because I'm sure both games are going to get even more information heavy than they already are.

(in reply to wqc12345)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Aggregated losses Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI