Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

pbem error

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Tech Support >> pbem error Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
pbem error - 6/26/2017 5:48:48 PM   
Iñaki Harrizabalagatar

Score: 0
hi
I have installed my copy in a laptop, deleting my other copy in the desktop pc, hoping that way it wouldn´t be any problem in PBEM, but when I try to load a turn I get an error message "could not find 68605.dat, any ideas why I am having that?
Post #: 1
RE: pbem error - 6/26/2017 6:25:23 PM   
zakblood

hopefully this thread will help you

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4296327

if not you will need Hubert Cater assistance or staff

< Message edited by zakblood -- 6/26/2017 6:26:12 PM >

(in reply to Iñaki Harrizabalagatar)
Post #: 2
RE: pbem error - 6/26/2017 6:32:24 PM   
Hubert Cater

Score: 2
Yeah it has to do with switching PCs as there is some residual data that the PBEM games leave on your computer in order to keep the file transfer sizes to a minimum and speed up the whole process. Normally the game can handle the missing data and rebuild it but if you started from a much earlier version of the game then it can fail.

If you can, send me an email at support@furysoftware.com and I can send you an updated dat to replace the missing one with instructions on how to get yourself up and running again,
Hubert

(in reply to Iñaki Harrizabalagatar)
Post #: 3
RE: pbem error - 6/27/2017 9:38:07 AM   
Iñaki Harrizabalagatar

Thanks Hubert, email sent

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 4
RE: pbem error - 6/27/2017 3:26:17 PM   
Christolos

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

Yeah it has to do with switching PCs as there is some residual data that the PBEM games leave on your computer in order to keep the file transfer sizes to a minimum and speed up the whole process. Normally the game can handle the missing data and rebuild it but if you started from a much earlier version of the game then it can fail.

If you can, send me an email at support@furysoftware.com and I can send you an updated dat to replace the missing one with instructions on how to get yourself up and running again,
Hubert

I am currently playing a v1.03.04.03 BETA game by launching the game with the v1.03.04.03 BETA.exe file (from within the game folder) from two different PCs (alternating turns) and have experienced an issue with the replay feature having become corrupted (see: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4305340 )

Could this have occurred because of using two different PCs?

C

< Message edited by CC1 -- 6/27/2017 3:27:31 PM >

“Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.”

-Aristotle-

Post #: 5
RE: pbem error - 6/27/2017 11:34:47 PM   
Hubert Cater

Hi CC1,

Good detective work there and yes if you go back and forth between two different PCs this is unfortunately a possibility as the residual data needs to be rebuilt and it can cause this type of display error during replay. After the replay the turn should be returned to normal and then the game should replay, on subsequent turns, correctly after that.

This can happen each time you switch back and forth.
Hubert

(in reply to Christolos)
Post #: 6
RE: pbem error - 6/28/2017 1:37:46 AM   
Christolos

Thanks Hubert.

So is possible then to copy the residual data that the PBEM game leaves on one computer, say computer 1, to the other computer, say computer 2, such that the replay would work when playing one turn on computer 1 and then the next turn on computer 2?

C

“Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.”

-Aristotle-

Post #: 7
RE: pbem error - 6/28/2017 12:59:55 PM   
Hubert Cater

Yes, the dat files can typically be found here on your system:

C:\Users\<windows_user_name>\AppData\Local\My Games\Strategic Command WWII - War In Europe\PBEM++\<matrix_user_name>

(in reply to Christolos)
Post #: 8
RE: pbem error - 6/28/2017 8:21:44 PM   
Christolos

Many thanks again Hubert!

The replay worked fine when I continued the game on the same PC that I played the turn before on.

So if I understand your reply, I should be able to switch PCs and see the proper replay if I copy over the dat file I need...so I will give this a try.

Cheers,

C

-Aristotle-

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Tech Support >> pbem error Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI