Strategic Command v1.06.02 Hotfix Available

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

Hubert Cater

Strategic Command v1.06.02 Hotfix Available

Post by Hubert Cater »

Apologies for this as I unfortunately introduced an error with our v1.06 update that just released on Friday, so if you just bought the game or have downloaded the v1.06 update you might have unfortunately been caught by a bug that will cause the game to crash to the desktop under some Fog of War movement and combat situations.

NOTE - Please ensure you are fully updated to v1.06 before applying this hotfix.

The hotfix can be downloaded from here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rws9ibv5u2al ... iL0ea?dl=0

To apply it after you download it, simply copy and paste it over your existing game EXE in your Strategic Command installation folder.

STEAM USERS - Typical installation folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Strategic Command WWII War in Europe

Alternatively, you can access this folder by right clicking on the game in your library, and then selecting Properties, and then Local Files->Browse Local Files.

MATRIX USERS - Typical installation folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\Matrix Games\Strategic Command WWII - War in Europe

Hope this helps and apologies for the inconvenience,
Hubert
Christolos

RE: Strategic Command v1.06.02 Hotfix Available

Post by Christolos »

I upgraded to v1.06 and then applied the v1.06.02 hotfix.

I am still playing a PBEM++ v1.03.04.03 BETA game by launching the game with the v1.03.04.03 BETA.exe file (from within the game folder) so as to be able to access the v1.03.04.03 BETA server. This has worked fine from within the v1.05 game folder, so I thought I would try it with the game upgraded to v1.06.02.

I was able to access the v1.03.04.03 BETA server and launch the game to complete my (Allied) turn...but the game appears completely corrupted during the replay of my opponent's turn such that Allied units attacked Allied units and the positioning of units are not what they should be. Belgium and Dutch forces also appear even though The Netherlands and Belgium had already surrendered previously.

The game ultimately crashes before completing the replay with the following error message:

Does this mean I have lost the v1.03.04.03 BETA PBEM++ game I was playing?

Can I restore the game back to v1.05 to get it to work again?

Thanks,

C
Attachments
Untitled2.jpg
Untitled2.jpg (187.86 KiB) Viewed 117 times
“Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.”

-Aristotle-
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Hi CC1,

It looks like the replay data might have become corrupted and I would simply suggest skipping the replay and the turn *should* be fine after that, if not let me know.

Hubert
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

Also, and to confirm, for the current full v1.06 and now v1.07 update that is available, they should not have any effect on your BETA PBEM game in progress as long as you are still using the BETA EXE.
Christolos

Post by Christolos »

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

Hi CC1,

It looks like the replay data might have become corrupted and I would simply suggest skipping the replay and the turn *should* be fine after that, if not let me know.

Hubert
Many thanks Hubert! [:)]

Skipping the reply worked!

So how could this (the reply getting corrupted) happen and can it happen again?

Is this what may have happened regarding what I posted here: tm.asp?m=4304579 ?

C
“Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.”

-Aristotle-
Christolos

Post by Christolos »

Also, and to confirm, for the current full v1.06 and now v1.07 update that is available, they should not have any effect on your BETA PBEM game in progress as long as you are still using the BETA EXE.

I upgraded to v1.07 and can still access my PBEM++ v1.03.04.03 BETA game, but the replay feature is hopelessly corrupted every time I choose to view a replay of my opponents turn. The game is still playable without using the replay feature, but this does make it less appealing to play.

Is there anything that can be done to correct this? If not, I am thinking of asking my opponent to start a new game...

C

-Aristotle-
Christolos

Post by Christolos »

ORIGINAL: CC1

I upgraded to v1.07 and can still access my PBEM++ v1.03.04.03 BETA game, but the replay feature is hopelessly corrupted every time I choose to view a replay of my opponents turn. The game is still playable without using the replay feature, but this does make it less appealing to play.

Is there anything that can be done to correct this? If not, I am thinking of asking my opponent to start a new game...

C

I came across this in the technical support section: tm.asp?m=4305962&mpage=1&key=&#4306366
which may explain why the replay feature of my current PBEM++ game has become corrupted.

I am playing the game on two different PCs...

Could this be the reason?

C

-Aristotle-
Hubert Cater

Post by Hubert Cater »

To confirm, yes it is the issue replays can be corrupted when switching back and forth between PCs. But after a turn on the new PC the replays should return to normal.

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”