Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Have the rules of the unfriendly posture been changed?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Have the rules of the unfriendly posture been changed? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Have the rules of the unfriendly posture been changed? - 5/24/2017 1:10:00 PM   
ColonelMolerat

I'm playing for the first time since Chains of War (doing the 'Armed Diplomacy' mission) and have contacts that I've marked as unfriendly entering my AAW patrol area. My planes are just ignoring them - I thought they used to 'tail' unfriendly contacts, has this been changed? Or is it because they have AMRAAMS they are able to 'tail' at quite a long range so it just looks like they are ignoring the enemy?
Post #: 1
RE: Have the rules of the unfriendly posture been changed? - 5/24/2017 1:22:01 PM   
Dysta

quote:

ORIGINAL: ColonelMolerat

I'm playing for the first time since Chains of War (doing the 'Armed Diplomacy' mission) and have contacts that I've marked as unfriendly entering my AAW patrol area. My planes are just ignoring them - I thought they used to 'tail' unfriendly contacts, has this been changed? Or is it because they have AMRAAMS they are able to 'tail' at quite a long range so it just looks like they are ignoring the enemy?

Only to tail when the contact isn't identified (like unknown unit/side). However it doesn't mean your units in mission will ignore it, they will tail the unfriendly unit again when still within the area but outside the weapon's range.

< Message edited by Dysta -- 5/24/2017 1:27:36 PM >

(in reply to ColonelMolerat)
Post #: 2
RE: Have the rules of the unfriendly posture been changed? - 5/24/2017 2:17:44 PM   
ColonelMolerat

Ah I see - so because the unit is identified and is within weapon range, my units won't tail it close, but will keep it within weapon range?

(in reply to Dysta)
Post #: 3
RE: Have the rules of the unfriendly posture been changed? - 5/24/2017 2:55:42 PM   
Dysta

quote:

ORIGINAL: ColonelMolerat

Ah I see - so because the unit is identified and is within weapon range, my units won't tail it close, but will keep it within weapon range?

Well... used to be. I just tried it recently. The interceptor just leave from unfriendly unit and let it gone from radar after ID.

Maybe something wrong with doctrine or mission setting, I tried the AAW patrol. Long time ago I remember the ship will keep following the unfriendly sub even after the ID.

I uploaded the scenario, it has the same problem as you said:

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Dysta -- 5/24/2017 2:57:55 PM >

(in reply to ColonelMolerat)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Have the rules of the unfriendly posture been changed? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI