Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Rapid-fire lasers & blind E-2Ds

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Rapid-fire lasers & blind E-2Ds Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Rapid-fire lasers & blind E-2Ds - 5/7/2017 1:57:47 AM   
DismalPseudoscience

Super excited for the new DLC (any word on the release date?), but I fear that the current incarnations of two shiny new weapons may be a little strange.

In the attached file, the Peter Velikiy has launched a barrage of 80 Zircon missiles at a Ticonderoga-class cruiser. The cruiser has its radar off, but is protected by an orbiting E-2D (the 2021 version). While the Hawkeye easily detects the missiles during their climb phase, it looses track of them as they pass ~100,000ft. Is this intentional?

The second possible issue is that the Airborne Laser aircraft protecting the cruiser fires really, really quickly. In the 35 seconds that the Hawkeye is tracking the Zircons, the AL-1A fires 23 COIL shots. I seem to recall it having a slower rate of fire in past incarnations. (E.G. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0ndXmvPQnk showing 1 shot per 6 seconds). This current version seems pretty immensely powerful - is it intentional?

Thank you!

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Rapid-fire lasers & blind E-2Ds - 5/7/2017 8:52:39 AM   
Dimitris

Hi,

1) Yes, the max target altitude for the APY-9 is 100K feet. If you have a source for a different value please do let us know!

2) Which build is this in? IIRC there was an issue with "too fast reloads" when we introduced the 2x time-accel in B936, but I'm fairly certain it has been fixed in the current RC.

Thanks.

< Message edited by Sunburn -- 5/7/2017 8:53:04 AM >

(in reply to DismalPseudoscience)
Post #: 2
RE: Rapid-fire lasers & blind E-2Ds - 5/7/2017 10:02:30 PM   
DismalPseudoscience

Thank you for your response:

1) Ok, makes sense. Just thought it was strange to see in-atmosphere targets dropping off radar from height - I think that's a first. Haven't seen any sources giving a max height for the APY-9 one way or the other, but I just found it intuitively odd that it couldn't track Zircon or Kitchen D.

2) RC Build 936.5 - I guess that's the issue?

Thank you!

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 3
RE: Rapid-fire lasers & blind E-2Ds - 5/8/2017 6:52:07 AM   
Dimitris

2) Yes, probably. Give B936.9 a try and let us know!

Thanks.

(in reply to DismalPseudoscience)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Rapid-fire lasers & blind E-2Ds Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI