Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Questions on Japanese Oil Consumption 4/43

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Questions on Japanese Oil Consumption 4/43 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Questions on Japanese Oil Consumption 4/43 - 4/13/2017 5:53:31 PM   
Rusty1961

What happens to the Japanese economy if their Indonesian oil fields are reduced by 50% and Palembang is down to 800 from 900?

And that Burma oilfield is in the allies player's hands?

I've been hitting my opponent in this aspect since fall of '42 so the cruch started in late '42.

Now we're in April of '43 and my opponent is heavily invested in China and for the entire game been driving the BB fleet all over the map.

Thanks.

< Message edited by Rusty1961 -- 4/13/2017 6:05:32 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Questions on Japanese Oil Consumption 4/43 - 4/13/2017 6:30:50 PM   
GetAssista

Well, too many factors left unknown: how efficiently he uses his tankers and other means of liquids transportation, did he expand HI, how he uses other gas guzzlers (CVs). Economy would run out of fuel sooner, but you still look at going to late 1944 early 1945. Keep concentrating on his fuel sources and transports, since this stepped itself forward from the long row of Japan's strategic vulnerable points

(in reply to Rusty1961)
Post #: 2
RE: Questions on Japanese Oil Consumption 4/43 - 4/13/2017 7:01:32 PM   
Lowpe

Also which scenario?

Does refining create supply?

(in reply to GetAssista)
Post #: 3
RE: Questions on Japanese Oil Consumption 4/43 - 4/14/2017 12:38:16 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

Also which scenario?

Does refining create supply?

In stock scenarios refining does create 10% supply and 90% fuel. It does not in Da Babes and perhaps in Ironman as well.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 4
RE: Questions on Japanese Oil Consumption 4/43 - 4/14/2017 1:55:47 AM   
rustysi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rusty1961

What happens to the Japanese economy if their Indonesian oil fields are reduced by 50% and Palembang is down to 800 from 900?

And that Burma oilfield is in the allies player's hands?

I've been hitting my opponent in this aspect since fall of '42 so the cruch started in late '42.

Now we're in April of '43 and my opponent is heavily invested in China and for the entire game been driving the BB fleet all over the map.

Thanks.

Palembang level is not that bad and can be restored if he wishes to spend the supply. The Burma oil field being in Allied hands is not too big a deal either as most try to destroy it pretty early anyway.

What you mean by 'hitting my opponent' is vague and if I were him I'd remedy this action by making the 'juice not worth the squeeze'. Let's face it, oil resources need protecting and most of them can be if he chooses, especially through at least '43, mid-'44.

Heavy investment in China shouldn't hurt his fuel, but requires a large supply investment. 'Driving the BB fleet all over the map' is a no-no, and will hurt his fuel stocks. How much is for you to judge, but those puppies suck up a lotta 'fleet-juice' and should be kept in the barn as much as possible after the expansion time. Strategically locating them throughout the Empire should suffice and have them in position for the times they are needed.

Hope some of this helps. Anything further needed just ask.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to Rusty1961)
Post #: 5
RE: Questions on Japanese Oil Consumption 4/43 - 4/14/2017 4:06:26 AM   
PaxMondo

quote:

ORIGINAL: GetAssista

Well, too many factors left unknown: how efficiently he uses his tankers and other means of liquids transportation, did he expand HI, how he uses other gas guzzlers (CVs). Economy would run out of fuel sooner, but you still look at going to late 1944 early 1945. Keep concentrating on his fuel sources and transports, since this stepped itself forward from the long row of Japan's strategic vulnerable points

+1

Certainly your efforts are appropriate, but too hard to tell the actual impact.

< Message edited by PaxMondo -- 4/14/2017 4:07:20 AM >

Pax

(in reply to GetAssista)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Questions on Japanese Oil Consumption 4/43 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI