Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

CLOSED - Looking For A Japanese Opponent: Scen 068 May 42 Start

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> CLOSED - Looking For A Japanese Opponent: Scen 068 May 42 Start Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
CLOSED - Looking For A Japanese Opponent: Scen 068 May ... - 4/13/2017 5:30:20 PM   
pz501

A few days ago I had yet another PBEM die and the issue for my opponent like so many times before, was time.

I've looked at pcellsworth's May 1942 Start Scenario (Scen068) and while not perfect it at least starts off in May 1942, which will save both Players a whole lot of time initially. Also, to be honest after so many years and PBEMs that never have gotten past Feb or Mar 1942, I'm burnt out on making the same moves again and again.

While it isn't as I say perfect (some ships for both sides not in historical positions, and the same with air units and LCUs) 068 looks to be a good basis for a sort of semi-historical PBEM start.

I'm looking for someone who'd like to give this a try using 2, 3, or even 4 day turn cycles (faster play), or with good old 1 day turn cycles.

The only things I would insist on (here comes the deal breaker!) are I play the Allies....I've compromised so many times over the years and played Japan just to get a PBEM going, I figure it's my turn now to finally play the other side for a change. The only other thing I'd like to use is auto sub ops. I know the vast majority are against this, but it is possible even with auto on to take control of any sub TF you want and give it any orders you please. And of course you can form any new ones you want as desired. My motive here is to try and speed things up a bit more.

If anyone is interested at all (and I don't really think there will be many) send me a PM and we can discuss other settings and preferences along with house rules.

If location and time zones are important to you, I'm in the eastern USA.

EDIT- now closed. Seems as if no one is too very interested in this Scenario, or maybe everyone wants to play with sub ops on, and only with 1 Day turns, or only as Allies? That's the way things go sometimes, but it was worth the try.

< Message edited by pz501 -- 4/17/2017 3:31:09 PM >
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> CLOSED - Looking For A Japanese Opponent: Scen 068 May 42 Start Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI