Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: Skybolt
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) Page: <<   < prev  31 32 33 34 [35]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 7/2/2020 1:15:10 AM   
rjonasz

ok forget that error. I didn't realize it had nothing to so with Distant Worlds. I now do not get any erorr but still no second popup

(in reply to rjonasz)
Post #: 1021
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 7/2/2020 5:48:12 AM   
gabeeg

I started getting this recently with 1.77. In my case it was the Windows anti-virus saying saying the bacon distant worlds was a virus (did not even like the DW 1.79 archive and would extract all except exe) but I added an exclusion (task, and file) but still the same issue and now MS AV is not reporting any issues. On starting I get the first bacon mod 'ok" requester button, then the DW pop-up opens but it closes right when I would normally get the second Bacon mod "ok" requester. The stock distantworlds.exe does successfully open the game. I have not tried a clean install of the Mods Bacon-retreatUE-DasBlue...yet.

(in reply to rjonasz)
Post #: 1022
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 7/3/2020 12:37:37 AM   
rjonasz

quote:

ORIGINAL: gabeeg

I started getting this recently with 1.77. In my case it was the Windows anti-virus saying saying the bacon distant worlds was a virus (did not even like the DW 1.79 archive and would extract all except exe) but I added an exclusion (task, and file) but still the same issue and now MS AV is not reporting any issues. On starting I get the first bacon mod 'ok" requester button, then the DW pop-up opens but it closes right when I would normally get the second Bacon mod "ok" requester. The stock distantworlds.exe does successfully open the game. I have not tried a clean install of the Mods Bacon-retreatUE-DasBlue...yet.

Thanks gabeeg! I added an exclusion and now instead of no error I do get an error.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to gabeeg)
Post #: 1023
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 7/3/2020 2:06:49 AM   
gabeeg

I thought I would check if I had the latest .NET properly installed...I did. Its a mystery...
Roger, does the mod expect a certain version of .NET?

(in reply to rjonasz)
Post #: 1024
RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) - 7/3/2020 1:15:36 PM   
RogerBacon

quote:

ORIGINAL: gabeeg

I thought I would check if I had the latest .NET properly installed...I did. Its a mystery...
Roger, does the mod expect a certain version of .NET?

I don't believe so. Following the instructions here : https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/migration-guide/how-to-determine-which-versions-are-installed it seems I have 4.8 installed. I thought I only had 4.7.2.
I don't think that's teh problem. Dot net errors are usually more verbose than just closing the window without telling you why.

BTC 14UURmC4rD762RStsufKmaUjfXQrBvahU1
ETH 0x7c65139BC82A0BDC5b11F92001D5c5a112219f08

(in reply to gabeeg)
Post #: 1025
Page:   <<   < prev  31 32 33 34 [35]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: "Hyping" my forthcoming mod (pun intended) Page: <<   < prev  31 32 33 34 [35]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI