Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Emergency Reserve

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RE: Emergency Reserve Page: <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Emergency Reserve - 7/16/2020 9:59:31 AM   
Ian R

Is this a PBEM game, or solo?

"You may find that having is not so nearly pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
- Cdr Spock

Ian R

(in reply to LargeSlowTarget)
Post #: 211
RE: Emergency Reserve - 7/16/2020 12:27:10 PM   
Mundy

quote:

ORIGINAL: LargeSlowTarget

?!? They are absolutely NOT for training. They should sit at the Emergency Reserve base doing nothing at all until you pay the PP to buy them out and fly them to a base in CONUS where they can disband to dump the "emergency reserve airframes" into the pool - that's their only purpose.

EDIT: Mmh, checked my documentation and apparently the "emergency reserve" is an undocumented feature...

I understand now why this issue has come up repeatedly

See post 199 for an explanation how to use the "emergency reserve". They are training groups in order to prevent their use as frontline units, but they are not intended to be used for training either.

Gotcha. Misunderstood their function.

Post #: 212
RE: Emergency Reserve - 8/3/2020 5:51:17 PM   
Falken

Hi LST,

Not sure if you are ever planning on a Patch/Update past v1.3, but if you do, could you take a look at something that SierraJuliet mentioned a while back (2017 I think), that on Dec 7th/8th, the KB still has a full complement of torpedoes available to its initial task force.

Thanks
Dave...

< Message edited by Falken -- 8/3/2020 10:50:03 PM >

(in reply to Mundy)
Post #: 213
RE: Emergency Reserve - 8/7/2020 12:20:52 PM   
LargeSlowTarget

Hi Dave, must have missed SierraJulliet's comment. Good point, for a possible future (micro)-update I'll keep in mind to reduce the KB torpedoes available by 40. Just have to dig-up which carriers launched the torpedo-carrying Kates and which one the bomb-carrying.

(in reply to Falken)
Post #: 214
RE: Mod Release: Bottlenecks in the Pacific - 9/18/2020 8:42:36 PM   
ReadyR

Hi LST. We are sailing along in the Mod... currently September 42. I am against a very good player and am definitely feeling the pain in several areas. Has me very much pinned down along the North Coast of Australia. He is also making progress in China. Threatening India. I'm doing ok in South Pacific. His subs are remarkably effective. As are his bombers. There is a huge imbalance in sunk shipping. That is probably due to training and gameplay... not the mod.

I have a question. Does the building inland ports as you describe for Burma also work in Northern Australia or India to help supply move? or is it just built for Burma.

Finally, noticed a unit glitch for your next update file. I have an Allied fragment unit - 7th Construction Battalion in India. The other fragment is a Japanese unit at Tulagi. I have attached a pic of the units in question. FYI

Attachment (1)

Post #: 215
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RE: Emergency Reserve Page: <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI