From: Hessen, Germany - now living in France
Found one minor error. APA Callaway is set to arrive in Mindat (645). Guessing this is a typo and should be Eastern USA (615). Also, I think any base setup as a secondary airfield that also can be built as a port will not show up in the Base view of Tracker. However, I think you’re already addressing this based on your post above.
Mike, thanks for your feedback. Good catch on APA Callaway, it should arrive at 615 indeed. I have checked the ship reinforcements list and it seems to be the only typo regarding arrival bases.
I know you have probably answered this elsewhere...but if we update to your current "build" will they take effect in our current PBEM, or would we have to start a new game for the changes to be caught?
It depends - some changes are being applied to games in progress, others not. For example, changes to location (base) names and supply cap values as well as ship class "binds" (conversion options) are being applied, but changes to airbase/port sizes, ship names and ship damage values are not. So unfortunately the fix for USS Colorado requires a restart.
For the records, what's new in the current more or less "final" build (not published yet):
- correction of USS Colorado engine damage bug
- correction of location error of APA Callaway
- corrections of locations and arrival dates of numerous other ships
- renaming of bases with "coordinates names" like '81/52" to names of existing locations within the hex area (done for continental Asia, in progress for the PI etc.)
- major review of base sizes / potential bases sizes and supply cap values for more coherence concerning terrain type and transportation network. Supply caps have been too generous in the previous versions of my mod IMO, they are now more in line with the "bottlenecks" philosophy.
- in this context I have added a few more bases in the Burma area to "strangle" supply flows (the necessary base slots have been taken from Russia, which usually enters the game late or not at all)
- added the base "Namtu / Bawdwin" northwest of Lashio with a railway connection to the Mandalay-Lashio line. In the early 1900s and before World War II, the Bawdwin mine was the world’s largest source of lead and one of its main sources of silver and a major supplier of zinc. In the 1920s and 30s, it was said to be the richest mine in the British Empire. Reason enough for me to put it on the map (similar reasoning as for the Bukit Besi / Dungun base ("Iron Hill") I have added in Malaya). Slightly OT for railroad fans (like me): Check the internet for "Burma Mines Railway" for more info about this interesting track - for example https://www.farrail.net/pages/touren-engl/burma-mines-railway-steam-in-namtu-2013.php
- there are probably other minor corrections / additions which elude me at the moment - I'm notoriously bad at keeping a changelog...
On my to-do list remain a few cosmetic changes to the map art, a pwhexdat correction of a hexside near Chittagong and any bugfixes reported by players - so please keep the comments coming.
I have no fixed ETA for the release of the "official" version of v.1.3 - I'm aiming for end of February but it depends on the workload, family and other real-life distractions. If you want to obtain the files of the current "build", give me a shout.