Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Mod Release: Bottlenecks in the Pacific

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RE: Mod Release: Bottlenecks in the Pacific Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Mod Release: Bottlenecks in the Pacific - 9/5/2019 11:03:31 AM   
LargeSlowTarget

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gridley380

The US gets some CVEs early too - I think all four of the Sangamon arrive early.

In DBB Sangamon and sisters (except Santee) arrive Dec 15 1942 at Balboa, which is consistent with them leaving the Torch area in mid-November 1942 for overhaul at Norfolk and their arrival at New Caledonia on January 4th, 1943.

However, the arrival date for Santee is wrong, the game has her arriving at Tacoma on May 22, 1943 - at that time she was based at Norfolk for ASW duty in the Atlantic. She transited the Panama Canal for Pacific duty on 18–19 February 1944.

While at it, there a really extreme cases of early arrivals - the Balao class submarine USS Ling for example enters the game on December 15, 1943 - in fact she was commissioned only on June 8th 1945 and never made a war patrol!

< Message edited by LargeSlowTarget -- 9/5/2019 11:04:22 AM >

(in reply to Gridley380)
Post #: 151
RE: Mod Release: Bottlenecks in the Pacific - 9/5/2019 1:31:16 PM   
Gridley380

quote:

ORIGINAL: LargeSlowTarget

In DBB Sangamon and sisters (except Santee) arrive Dec 15 1942 at Balboa, which is consistent with them leaving the Torch area in mid-November 1942 for overhaul at Norfolk and their arrival at New Caledonia on January 4th, 1943.

However, the arrival date for Santee is wrong, the game has her arriving at Tacoma on May 22, 1943 - at that time she was based at Norfolk for ASW duty in the Atlantic. She transited the Panama Canal for Pacific duty on 18–19 February 1944.

While at it, there a really extreme cases of early arrivals - the Balao class submarine USS Ling for example enters the game on December 15, 1943 - in fact she was commissioned only on June 8th 1945 and never made a war patrol!

There are days I wonder how long it would take to go through DANFS for every USN ship commissioned before the end of the war and note down when she entered the Pacific (and left, for those that did). Then there are days I say "someone on this forum must have already done that and made a spreadsheet... right?"

(in reply to LargeSlowTarget)
Post #: 152
RE: Mod Release: Bottlenecks in the Pacific - 9/16/2019 4:39:38 PM   
Kull

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gridley380

There are days I wonder how long it would take to go through DANFS for every USN ship commissioned before the end of the war and note down when she entered the Pacific (and left, for those that did). Then there are days I say "someone on this forum must have already done that and made a spreadsheet... right?"

Take a look at Spooky's site. There's a huge amount of data there, including lots of downloadable excel spreadsheets. There may be one or two which have the arrival date info you are looking for.

(in reply to Gridley380)
Post #: 153
RE: Mod Release: Bottlenecks in the Pacific - 9/17/2019 9:05:38 AM   
LargeSlowTarget

Gridley380, I would love to get hold of such a spreadsheet as well.

As it is, while going through DANFS I correct the data directly in the editor.

But it is possible to dump the scenario files into .csv files via the witploadae.exe tool in order to obtain a spreadsheet.

That said, DANFS does not always gives exact dates and or locations in the AE sense i.e. where and when a vessel is entering the map, so guesstimates must be made working backwards / forward from available information.

I also found DANFS to be incomplete - the entries for USS Plaice (SS-390) and USS Trutta (SS-421) for example are missing - both saw service in the PTO.

(in reply to Kull)
Post #: 154
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> RE: Mod Release: Bottlenecks in the Pacific Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI