From: Hessen, Germany - now living in France
I have decided to create two Bottlenecks v1.1 scenarios:
- scen059 "Bottlenecks v1.1 Standard" with standard engine production (Ha-34, Ha-35, Ha-5 etc.) and standard bomb loadouts
- scen060 "Bottlenecks v1.1 Experimental" in the tradition of Bottlenecks v1.0 with simplified engine production (early radial, late radial, late inline etc.) and diversified bomb loads using mission filters and "bomb sticks".
Both will have the changes and fixes I have made in the meantime, like nerfing the Civilians, fixed error in the pwhexdat file concerning Adam's bridge, a few more ships added, tweaks to the resources production, adding withdrawal / return dates (glaring exemple is USS Nevada, which spent time in the ETO IRL but remains glued to the PTO in the game).
Scen060 is still under construction and won't be ready for along time.
Scen059 was getting ready for publication - until I discovered another issue this morning that I'd like to address: wrong availability dates for many ships.
Just one example (the freshest one I found): In the game, the APA Cambria (slot 5174) has a delay value = 430415 and location value = Alameda. That means the ship will arrive on-map on April 15th 1943 at Alameda. Now let's see what DANFS says about the ship:
"Cambria (APA-36) was launched 10 November 1942 as Sea Swallow by Western Pipe and Steel Co., San Francisco, Calif., under a Maritime Commission contract; sponsored by Mrs. W. Griffin; acquired by the Navy 4 May 1943; placed in partial commission the same day, Lieutenant Commander W. S. Baker in command; sailed to New York for decommissioning and conversion to an attack transport; and recommissioned 10 November 1943, Captain C. W. Dean, USCG, in command.
Cambria departed Norfolk 11 December 1943 and arrived at Pearl Harbor on New Year's Day. After 3 weeks of intensive training, she sailed on 23 January 1944 for the invasion of the Marshall Islands, where she served as flagship for Majuro Attack Group during the landings."
So, instead of coming on-map at Alameda on April 15th, 1943, Cambria should arrive at New York on November 10th, 1943 - almost seven months later. I have found many more inaccuracies like that, many ships arrive on-map on their commissioning date, but often on the "acquired" date or the launching date and and I have seen at least one example arriving on-map on the date its keel had been laid IRL. No wonder the Allies are on steroids...
As a consequence, I will release a 'beta version' of scen059 now, for those who want to test how the civilians behave now (Mundy? Lowpe? Falken?) or who do not care about such details like availability dates.
The 'full' version of scen059 will follow at a later date, and scen060 even later.
Dropbox download of Bottlenecks 1.1 scen059 Beta
Edit: This is an incremental update - installation of Bottlenecks v1.0 required, then copy/replace the files of the v1.1 update into the v1.0 install.
Edit2: Just for the records, I will add more examples of wrong availability dates as I find them in DANFS:
- Procyon: started in PTO, participated in Torch, Husky, Avalanche and Dragoon > no withdrawal in AE
- Titania: participated in Torch, departed EC for the Pacific on Dec 17th 1942 > arrives on-map May 27th 1942 - almost 7 months early
- Oberon: started in ETO (Torch), made one trip to Noumea before returning to ETO for Husky, Avalanche and Dragoon, then PTO deployment from Jan 1945 on > arrives on-map June 15th 1942 and no withdrawal
- Andromeda: redeployed from ETO to PTO in Dec 1944 > arrives on-map Jan 15th 1944 - almost a year too early
[heck, on the first five AKA types listed in DANFS, the game has it wrong for four - guess the final version of scen059 will be delayed a loooong time]
- Centa(u)rus: launched Sept 3rd and commissioned 21 Oct 1943 > in AE, arrives six month early on April 15th 1943 (+ spelling error)
- Cepheus: Departed Norfolk for the PTO on Dec 18th 1944 > is three weeks or so LATE in AE, arrives at Panama Jan 15th 1945
- Thuban: launched April 26th 1943 and commissioned June 10th 1943 > in AE, arrives March 15th 1943, 3 months early
- Virgo: launched 4th June 1943 and commissioned 10 July 1943 at NY > in AE, arrives 15 March 1943 at Panama - 4 months early
- Athene: commissioned 29 Sept 1944 > in AE, arrives 15 Feb 1944 - seven months early
- Circe: arrived at PH from the EC on Jan 3rd 1945 > arrives at EC on Jan 11th 1945, so is about a month LATE
- Corvus: departed EC for PTO Dec 2nd 1944 > arrives at EC Jan 15th 1945, so is five weeks LATE
- Medea: commissioned Jan 10th 1945 > arrives in AE July 15th 1944 - six month early
< Message edited by LargeSlowTarget -- 11/24/2017 3:31:28 PM >