Shannon V. OKeets
From: Honolulu, Hawaii
Attached is a zipped file that contains Release Notes and the new MWIF.exe: version 02.04.02.00.
The reason for making this available as a hot patch is to correct the NetPlay bugs listed below.
NetPlay is getting better but I still have a half dozen minor bugs extant for NetPlay. For the next week I'll switch back to working on recently reported problems in Solitaire/Head-to-head.
Release Notes for (Hot Patch) Version 02.04.02.00
All Modes of Play
1. On the Spend Surprise Points form, corrected the number of ships in a naval combat to exclude those that are aborting.
2. On the Spend Surprise Points form, corrected the number of Air-to-Sea factors in a naval air combat to reflect the weather conditions in the sea area (e.g., halved during Rain).
3. Added code to prevent placing partisans in a non-frozen lake hex. This change also prevents having too many partisans to place. That is, the number of partisan units is never more than the number that have hexes in which they can arrive.
4. Changed the order in which the program attempts to find actions, destinations, and paths for resources during Production Planning, so the player’s most recent instructions are attempted before trying to use the actions and paths from the previous turn. The sequence is now: Override settings, Default settings, Most Recent settings, Last Turn settings, and, finally, try to find a new route. This should correct some (but not all) of the problems with the program ignoring recent changes and reverting to the actions, destinations, and paths used previously.
5. Fixed a problem with repairing a Communist Chinese factory having no effect.
6. Fixed a problem with a non-fatal error occurring during the Reform phase when using the Unlimited Breakdown optional rule and a hex contains two manufactured divisional units but those units cannot be reformed into a corps/army in the Break Down Pool. The Reform form still appears when one of the divisions is selected but the only choice is to Cancel and exit the form. An informative message is also displayed before the form appears.
7. Disabled minimizing the game. This had been causing frequent Mad Except error in the (opaque/incomprehensible) Theme Engine code.
8. Fixed a problem with Scrap Destroyed Units where if the game was saved in the middle of this phase, when it was restored, the Scrap Destroyed Units form did not appear.
9. Fixed a cosmetic problem where an informative message (about territories being converted to minor countries after their parent country is conquered) had the names of the conquered and converted countries reversed.
10. Added a check for overstacking when the weather phase ends.
11. Fixed several problems with correcting overstacked hexes. The way the program now processes multiple overstacked hexes is that each player gets to correct the overstacked hexes in which he has units. He may have to process them for several major powers. Once all players have processed all their overstacked hexes, the phase ends and the game advances to the next phase.
12. Added a check to avoid a spurious fatal error when the game is restored in the subphase Choose Aligned Minor’s controlling major power.
13. Made some changes to advance the subphase after the attacking player decides whether to use Snow units in an attack.
14. Fixed a couple of problems with correcting overstacked hexes at the end of the Return To Base phases.
15. Added some checks so a player can no longer change the actions and destinations of his opponent’s resources (unless they are being received in a trade agreement).
16. Fixed a problem where building new convoys, pilots, forts, offensive chits, and factories could have mismatched unit numbers on different computers. This would cause all kinds of problems, such as moving a convoy on one computer could cause a factory to be moved instead on the other computer.
17. Fixed a problem with Production where the Axis computer was reinitializing the Production phase in the middle of initializing the Production phase. This was causing the Axis computer to set all resources coming from neutral minor countries to Idle.
18. Added code to report on US Entry marker draws, moves, and removals to non-US players.
19. Added code to report when the US player decides to not execute any US Entry Options in a turn.
< Message edited by Shannon V. OKeets -- 3/25/2017 8:00:29 PM >
Perfection is an elusive goal.