From: Sydney, Australia
In the next version of the mod
To play this mod you really need an Artoo unit handy?
You don't have one? I thought every one had one.
Ok.... A change of plans.....
I have been putting together a PDF document which will be included in each of my mods which will explain in detail how to play the mod.
Ideally the mod would be played on a challenging setting but that is your preference.
For example with the Star Wars mod playing as the Rebel Alliance the PDF will explain:
- Design and construction of a space port and why you want to build one early.There is a defense base, three research bases and three sizes of spaceport. Which to choose? I will explain why to pick the small spaceport and why you should delete the large and medium starbases in the design screen and then explain why you first delete all the guns from the small starbase. Are you kidding? My starbase will be defenseless!
- Then after your starbase is built you need to build construction ships.... how many? But before you build you need to design the construction ships you want to build. Since your construction ships do not have hyperdrive yet you don't want them crawling around the solar system at a snails pace. Hence you need to design your ships with as much cruise speed as possible..... but how?
- Oh... speaking of hyperdrive in my Star Wars mod and Warp Drive in my Star Trek mod.... you won't get them by visiting ruins. Get into research and find out how to discover each drive.
- At the start of the mod in the character screen you will see a leader, you may see a general, maybe a scientist, or spy or fleet admiral. Should you just leave them there doing nothing but consuming your money.... or should you do something with them.
- When you start the mod you should check your local system for a habitable planet.... if you find one should you research hyperdrive first or research Colonization first?
- You notice that you have a gas planet in your system.... looks great and keeps any astronomers happy? But shouyld I do anything with it? The answer is yes. Your starbase and ships need fuel and you don't want to run out. Use an exploration ship to visit the gas planet and look for a source of fuel.... if that gas giant doesnt have it go to the next. When you find a source of fuel you then send a construction ship there , build a gas mining station to build up your fuel reserves. Does that gas giant have enough fuel? How can I tell? Maybe I should have setup the gas mining station at another gas giant which has way more fuel.
- The Empire has appeared....!!!!!!! Lots of exclamation points because Princess Leia is worried. What should I do because the Empire hates us.
- I am about to design my first ship and I am thinking of adding the Command Center, Reactor Shields and Fuel Cells first before anything else. Makes good sense right... Command Center first... right. Actually.... no here is how you should design your ships.
1. Always put armor first.
2. Then add Damage Control if you have it.
3. Now add the Command Center, Reactor Shields and Fuel Cells so your shields can start charging.
4. Now add Life Support and Hab Modules.
5. Then everything else.
Great...now I can add an Energy Collector to my ship because they will give my ship energy without using fuel. Excellent! Actually no.... Energy Collectors use up large amounts of rare resources such as Silicon, Polymer and Chromium and you need those RARE resources for ship building. No energy collectors on ships...use a fuel cell instead and leave the Energy Collectors to your bases instead.
There is so much to this game and I will hopefully have lots of helpful tips included in the How To guide included in my mods.
< Message edited by rjord1 -- 3/8/2019 9:47:48 PM >