Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Hot spot question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985 >> Hot spot question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hot spot question - 2/14/2017 2:34:16 PM   
Chris21wen

Is there anyway to stop the map jumping to the hot spot during artillery fire. I want to locate the firing hex but on big maps that is impossible. I tried turning off Hide Hot spot but it does not do what the name suggests it does, or at least what it think it should do.
Post #: 1
RE: Hot spot question - 2/14/2017 2:51:44 PM   
Crossroads

Good question! I am not at my computer, but have you tried "Scroll To View Enemy Action", under Special menu?

Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 AVAILABLE SOON
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 2.0 Fully Reimaged - Available Now

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 2
RE: Hot spot question - 2/14/2017 2:52:10 PM   
Crossroads

^^ Ie toggling it OFF?

Visit us at: Campaign Series Legion
---
CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 AVAILABLE SOON
CS: Middle East 1948-1985 2.0 Fully Reimaged - Available Now

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 3
RE: Hot spot question - 2/14/2017 3:43:12 PM   
berto

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris H

Is there anyway to stop the map jumping to the hot spot during artillery fire. I want to locate the firing hex but on big maps that is impossible. I tried turning off Hide Hot spot but it does not do what the name suggests it does, or at least what it think it should do.

It is: Options > Hide 3D Hot Spot. It is WAD in that when following action in 3D, in nearly all cases (certainly during movement and normal firing) indeed the hot spot (the highlighted hex outline) does not show.

Unfortunately, there is no way that I know of to prevent the map scrolling to the target hex of an artillery strike (or to prevent display of the target hex highlight, even with Hide 3D Hot Spot toggled ON).

The best you can is try one of the 3D zoom-out modes, where you might follow the arc of the artillery strike from source to target. But even on very large maps, yes, the map will scroll to the target hex, which will scroll away from a possible source hex, maybe placing it off map. Nothing to do about that AFAIK.

Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles, Civil War Battles Lead Coder http://johntillersoftware.com

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 4
RE: Hot spot question - 2/15/2017 3:03:12 PM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: berto

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chris H

It is: Options > Hide 3D Hot Spot. It is WAD in that when following action in 3D, in nearly all cases (certainly during movement and normal firing) indeed the hot spot (the highlighted hex outline) does not show.

Unfortunately, there is no way that I know of to prevent the map scrolling to the target hex of an artillery strike (or to prevent display of the target hex highlight, even with Hide 3D Hot Spot toggled ON).

The best you can is try one of the 3D zoom-out modes, where you might follow the arc of the artillery strike from source to target. But even on very large maps, yes, the map will scroll to the target hex, which will scroll away from a possible source hex, maybe placing it off map. Nothing to do about that AFAIK.

Pity. Maybe a patch is needed using the Hide Hot Spot.

(in reply to berto)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985 >> Hot spot question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI