Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Barbarossa Test Game 01.31.17

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> NetPlay Tech Support >> Barbarossa Test Game 01.31.17 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Barbarossa Test Game 01.31.17 - 2/1/2017 3:25:14 AM   
Pax25

Tonight celebrindal and I (Pax25) decided to start with the Barbarossa scenario first rather than start with Global War. We got through set up and the first axis impulse, but when it was time for me as the allies to "select an action", I didn't have the option to select "combined". Instead it allowed me to make the selection, but just said "none" for air, land, naval, attack, etc. I selected it just to see what would happen and it went right through my turn without allowing me to do anything. I am going to post the screenshot and celebrindal is going to post the save game.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Barbarossa Test Game 01.31.17 - 2/1/2017 4:40:56 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

Are you both running the same version of the program?

I have never seen anything like this - so I am just grasping at straws for what the problem might be.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to Pax25)
Post #: 2
RE: Barbarossa Test Game 01.31.17 - 2/1/2017 10:47:23 PM   
Pax25

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shannon V. OKeets

Are you both running the same version of the program?

I have never seen anything like this - so I am just grasping at straws for what the problem might be.

Yes, we are both using 2.3.4.0.

I think this is the correct save file (Allied Choose Action).

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 3
RE: Barbarossa Test Game 01.31.17 - 2/2/2017 2:40:26 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

I loaded your saved game and looked at it using the Review button (on the Opening Screen). Here is what I saw:

I have no explanation for the difference. Please, try using the Review button yourself and let me know whether it looks like what you saw before, or what I just saw.

Attachment (1)

Steve

(in reply to Pax25)
Post #: 4
RE: Barbarossa Test Game 01.31.17 - 2/2/2017 2:43:30 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

I am running version 2.3.4.2, but there have been no changes affecting Action Choice since 2.3.4.0.

Steve

Post #: 5
RE: Barbarossa Test Game 01.31.17 - 2/2/2017 3:50:10 AM   
Pax25

quote:

I loaded your saved game and looked at it using the Review button (on the Opening Screen). Here is what I saw:

I have no explanation for the difference. Please, try using the Review button yourself and let me know whether it looks like what you saw before, or what I just saw.

quote:

Please, try using the Review button yourself and let me know whether it looks like what you saw before, or what I just saw.

I loaded the game using the review button and got the same thing that you did. Hmmmm, I wonder what the issue was then? I'm trying to get celebrindal to post his save as well. Maybe that will shed light on things?

Post #: 6
RE: Barbarossa Test Game 01.31.17 - 2/2/2017 4:10:43 AM   
celebrindal

Here is the file, that I think is the one you want.. saved on the russian impulse.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by celebrindal -- 2/2/2017 4:13:42 AM >

Order is nothing more than Chaos on a bad day.

Dave

(in reply to Pax25)
Post #: 7
RE: Barbarossa Test Game 01.31.17 - 2/2/2017 7:18:55 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

Have you tried restarting the game from the Allied Choose Action phase - using the saved games?

I'll try myself that later today if I get the chance.

Steve

(in reply to celebrindal)
Post #: 8
RE: Barbarossa Test Game 01.31.17 - 2/3/2017 1:36:16 AM   
Pax25

quote:

Have you tried restarting the game from the Allied Choose Action phase - using the saved games?

I'll try myself that later today if I get the chance.

I sent celebrindal a PM (at least I think I did because I didn't see a sent message in my sent box), might try again on Saturday with the save files, assuming he still has the autosave that we need.

Post #: 9
RE: Barbarossa Test Game 01.31.17 - 2/5/2017 2:39:42 AM   
Pax25

Celebrindal and I successfully were able to continue our Barbarossa game from the 31st of January using the Allied: Choose Action autosave file. This time I was able to choose a combined action. I then proceeded to take two subs from Leningrad and move them to the Baltic. I got lucky and my search was successful with a roll of a one and I think I was about to destroy all three German convoys, but then I started getting a series of error messages and my opponent's computer crashed. This bug was reported by celebrindal in a separate thread. I also sent my latest save.

After we reloaded, this time my search was unsuccessful, so the game proceeded to the air phase. We were able to get to the Ground Strike Phase and all the various subphases. When I began choosing combats, we got through the first one, but during the second one, after a no effect by both sides, I choose to stay in the combat, but celebrindal's window froze and he was unable to choose to stay in the combat. I believe the most recent autosave before this issue is the Allied: NP - Ground Strike - CAP, which I have attached. The game wouldn't let me save the game before I logged off. Not sure what you can make of this, but just wanted you to be aware.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Pax25)
Post #: 10
RE: Barbarossa Test Game 01.31.17 - 2/5/2017 3:14:10 AM   
Pax25

Celebrindal and I reloaded the game from the Allied: Ground Strike CAP phase but the game continued to freeze on celebrindal's end after a few and during the completion of the air combats.

Shannon, not sure what to do at this point?

(in reply to Pax25)
Post #: 11
RE: Barbarossa Test Game 01.31.17 - 2/5/2017 8:32:46 PM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pax25

Celebrindal and I reloaded the game from the Allied: Ground Strike CAP phase but the game continued to freeze on celebrindal's end after a few and during the completion of the air combats.

I'll get a Hot Patch (version 2.3.5.0) out tomorrow which should fix all the reported problems with the NetPlay version (2.3.4.0).

Steve

(in reply to Pax25)
Post #: 12
RE: Barbarossa Test Game 01.31.17 - 2/7/2017 1:46:33 AM   
Pax25

quote:

quote:

I'll get a Hot Patch (version 2.3.5.0) out tomorrow which should fix all the reported problems with the NetPlay version (2.3.4.0).

Okay, I'll look forward to it. Thanks for your continued effort. I'm going to be looking for a new opponent to do some more testing.

Post #: 13
RE: Barbarossa Test Game 01.31.17 - 2/7/2017 3:42:48 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

quote:

I ended up spending Monday documenting my NetPlay game with Zorachus99 as an After Action Report. Then the afternoon was spent starting a second game with Fin. So I didn't get to fixing the reported bugs. I'll do that Tuesday morning.

Steve

Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> NetPlay Tech Support >> Barbarossa Test Game 01.31.17 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI