Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

:)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> :) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
:) - 1/22/2017 2:15:14 PM   
fuselex

:)

< Message edited by fuselex -- 1/22/2017 2:29:04 PM >
Post #: 1
dog and pony show - 1/22/2017 3:12:24 PM   
fuselex

"Dog and pony show" is a colloquial term which has come to mean a highly promoted,
often over-staged performance presentation, or event designed to sway or convince opinion for political,
or less often, commercial ends. Typically, the term is used in a pejorative sense to connote disdain, jocular lack of appreciation,
or distrust of the message being presented or the efforts undertaken to present it.[1

< Message edited by fuselex -- 1/22/2017 3:19:04 PM >

(in reply to fuselex)
Post #: 2
RE: dog and pony show - 1/22/2017 3:56:34 PM   
marcdhanna

quote:

ORIGINAL: fuselex

"Dog and pony show" is a colloquial term which has come to mean a highly promoted,
often over-staged performance presentation, or event designed to sway or convince opinion for political,
or less often, commercial ends. Typically, the term is used in a pejorative sense to connote disdain, jocular lack of appreciation,
or distrust of the message being presented or the efforts undertaken to present it.[1

I'll have to quote to make sure this doesn't change again. Some people think it's cute to change their post after someone points out something about it.

If you are going to lift definitions from the Internet, it's a good idea to cite your source(s). But what you have posted sounds mostly accurate, except for me, coming from the sales world it's not necessarily true that a 'dog and pony show' is pejorative, but does imply something repetitive and often what I might call 'more of the same.'

Well then, as I see it, and to be fair, we each have our own dog and pony show in the forums we visit. We are here promoting our views. Some like my pony show, others think it's a dog, right? I know sometimes I can beat my points to death to make sure I am understood, but my points are usually focused on the game and gameplay.

Personally I come here to see what can be learned about the game and how to improve the game. I'm not interested in anecdotal stories of compassion in war, stories of mothers' lamentations, etc., like others are. However, I have to read everything to make sure I don't miss something.

Hence, I do read all the posts, even the edited ones that get sent to me by email then wind up changed by the time I arrive :) Personally I thought your first post was better than the smiley that replaced it, because you made good points, imo! cheers.

Prajñāpāramitā

(in reply to fuselex)
Post #: 3
RE: dog and pony show - 1/22/2017 4:34:40 PM   
rico21

I already have plenty of psychopathic friends, it does not bother me to have new friends sociopathes.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to marcdhanna)
Post #: 4
RE: dog and pony show - 1/24/2017 3:05:06 PM   
fuselex

Thanks Marcdhanna ,
Your reply was well deserved .
The forum should be in the interests of developing the game.

The dog and pony reply was to-

Glad you are willing to express your opinion in spite of (or because of )
the regular dog and pony show we get from the game fans that are the regular posters in here.

There are some very talented people in the forums but I really have no skills that I can contribute other
than stories of compassion, mothers` lamentations , pictures or comments ( some not that great when I reread them)
Hence a lot of :).
Your reply is a bit of an eye-opener to what others make think of my comments.

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 5
RE: :) - 1/24/2017 4:13:50 PM   
rico21

I do not understand the thing "Pony and Dog" but I know, like others, what you brought to this game ...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to fuselex)
Post #: 6
RE: :) - 1/24/2017 5:44:51 PM   
Corto2London

I don't know if you realize, Fuselex and Rico, you bore so much people with your so-called humour, that you are almost the only ones now to write on this site ?!!!
People who come and read daily to learn and talk about the game just leave.
You don't realize that ?
There are so many places on the internet to have fun, to laugh and make laugh, maybe a wargame site is not the place for that.
You don't realize that ?
And people who try to make you understand are not stupid, or too serious, or boring.
They just come here to talk about TotH.
It's too difficult for you to understand that your humour, maybe, make YOU laugh ?

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 7
RE: :) - 1/24/2017 6:33:30 PM   
rico21

I already have plenty of psychopathic friends, a few sociopathes, it does not bother me to have new friends depressive.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to fuselex)
Post #: 8
RE: :) - 1/26/2017 4:40:57 PM   
fuselex

Corto
I apologise to those who you know, that have` come and read daily to learn and talk about the game and then
leave `
I would take a stab in the dark , and presume they may have left because they may not have liked the game.
( is there anyone in particular I could contact ?)
The post originally was to marcdhanna to apologise for some unthoughtful comments .
Not to imply others are stupid . serious or boring .

(in reply to rico21)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> :) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI