Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Sea Control Mission Ignores 1/3 Rule On Start

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Sea Control Mission Ignores 1/3 Rule On Start Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sea Control Mission Ignores 1/3 Rule On Start - 1/21/2017 1:49:11 AM   
DrRansom

In the mission "Goodnight Irene," I generated two sea control missions for the two anti-piracy task groups. All helicopters attached to the task force were given that mission. I set both missions with the 1/3 rule. However, when the mission started, all helicopters took off, instead of the single helicopter expected for the 1/3 rule. Later, the helicopters followed the 1/3 rule as designed.

See attached save file.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Sea Control Mission Ignores 1/3 Rule On Start - 1/21/2017 2:55:16 AM   
mikmykWS

Hi

1/3rd rule doesn't apply to aircraft on different vessels. WAD

(in reply to DrRansom)
Post #: 2
RE: Sea Control Mission Ignores 1/3 Rule On Start - 1/21/2017 3:42:12 AM   
DrRansom

Ok, thanks for the answer!

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 3
RE: Sea Control Mission Ignores 1/3 Rule On Start - 1/21/2017 12:51:03 PM   
Kitchens Sink

Mike,

I'm a little confused by your answer.

I am currently working on a scenario with a Task Force of ships put together as a group. The TF has a total of 12 ASW helos. I created an ASW Patrol Mission with the 1/3 rule and assigned all 12 helos to it. Only 4 of the helos go active on the patrol at any one time (which is exactly what I wanted).

So 1/3 rule does not work for aircraft on individual vessels, but works for a group of vessels?

Thanks

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 4
RE: Sea Control Mission Ignores 1/3 Rule On Start - 1/21/2017 2:53:38 PM   
mikmykWS

No unless it's all the same vessel. Consider each ship like a separate pool.

Mike

(in reply to Kitchens Sink)
Post #: 5
RE: Sea Control Mission Ignores 1/3 Rule On Start - 1/21/2017 7:24:37 PM   
Kitchens Sink

Sorry Mike, but I got so confused I put together a test scenario (attached).

The test shows a ship group (Group 13), and also 3 individual ships not grouped. Both have 3 identical helos available, and an ASW Mission set to 1/3 Rule.

As you play the save, one helo is launched to each ASW mission. If you force that helo to RTB, another helo is launched in it's place. It looks like everything is following the 1/3 Rule.

If they are considered individual pools, why don't all helos launch to one or both ASW missions?

Thanks!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 6
RE: Sea Control Mission Ignores 1/3 Rule On Start - 1/22/2017 1:51:20 AM   
mikmykWS

Ok thanks!

Mike

Post #: 7
RE: Sea Control Mission Ignores 1/3 Rule On Start - 1/22/2017 2:04:36 AM   
DrRansom

To add to this, I think I saw similar behavior with the sea-control mission after the initial launch of 3 helicopters. If I recall correctly, the helicopters staggered their flights afterwards.

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 8
RE: Sea Control Mission Ignores 1/3 Rule On Start - 1/22/2017 2:56:46 AM   
mikmykWS

Great than things are working fine. Glad it wasn't a waste of time

(in reply to DrRansom)
Post #: 9
RE: Sea Control Mission Ignores 1/3 Rule On Start - 1/22/2017 2:06:52 PM   
I1066

I'm confused.

Are alla aircrafts on grouped ships considered to be in one "pool"?
If so, does that mean that there is no difference when creating a mission if selecting aircrafts from a single ship (not group member) or from a group of ships?

If not, then are the behavior described by Kitchens Sink in his message and shown in his attached scenario considered to be a bug?

And what about the original question regarding the initial deploy aircraft for a sea control mission set to use the 1/3 rule?
Since the initial launch does not respect the 1/3 rule, but it seem to confirm to it later on when relaunching aircraft after they have returned to refuel.
It seem that either there is a bug for the initial launch, or for the relaunching of aircraft, depending on how the pooling of aircrafts from groped platforms are supposed to work.
I guess, there could be no bug in case all aircrafts are supposed to be launched initially in Sea Control mission, and the 1/3 rule only apply after the initial launch.

My take on this is that you kind of expect grouped ships to communicate with each other and work together to solve these kind of missions.
A little bit in the same way as they communicate and resolve how to deal with incoming threats.

So in short
1. Grouped ships: One or many pools?
2. Sea control mission with the 1/3 rule set: Bug when initial launching all aircraft, bug later on when confirming to the 1/3 rule or no bug at all?

/H

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 10
RE: Sea Control Mission Ignores 1/3 Rule On Start - 1/22/2017 3:50:55 PM   
mikmykWS

quote:

ORIGINAL: I1066

I'm confused.

Are alla aircrafts on grouped ships considered to be in one "pool"?
If so, does that mean that there is no difference when creating a mission if selecting aircrafts from a single ship (not group member) or from a group of ships?

If not, then are the behavior described by Kitchens Sink in his message and shown in his attached scenario considered to be a bug?

And what about the original question regarding the initial deploy aircraft for a sea control mission set to use the 1/3 rule?
Since the initial launch does not respect the 1/3 rule, but it seem to confirm to it later on when relaunching aircraft after they have returned to refuel.
It seem that either there is a bug for the initial launch, or for the relaunching of aircraft, depending on how the pooling of aircrafts from groped platforms are supposed to work.
I guess, there could be no bug in case all aircrafts are supposed to be launched initially in Sea Control mission, and the 1/3 rule only apply after the initial launch.

My take on this is that you kind of expect grouped ships to communicate with each other and work together to solve these kind of missions.
A little bit in the same way as they communicate and resolve how to deal with incoming threats.

So in short
1. Grouped ships: One or many pools?
2. Sea control mission with the 1/3 rule set: Bug when initial launching all aircraft, bug later on when confirming to the 1/3 rule or no bug at all?

/H

Seems like a bunch of loaded questions. Will pick this up after a few drinks.

Thanks!

Mike

(in reply to I1066)
Post #: 11
RE: Sea Control Mission Ignores 1/3 Rule On Start - 1/22/2017 4:42:04 PM   
Kitchens Sink

Dr. Ransom

I think I see the issue with your sea control patrol after I downloaded it. There are 3 diff aircraft types/loadouts in CTF-150. I think that the 1/3 Rule will launch 1/3 of each type....so 3 of them go off at the start. If you change all of the helos to the same type/loadout in CTF-150, then only 1 will probably launch.

The probable reason they stagger launches after the initial launch is that the 3 helos have different endurance times. They most likely are launching as soon as they are ready again (at diff times), but I did not confirm this. You can check it and see.

< Message edited by Kitchens Sink -- 1/22/2017 5:03:24 PM >

(in reply to DrRansom)
Post #: 12
RE: Sea Control Mission Ignores 1/3 Rule On Start - 1/22/2017 5:02:20 PM   
mikmykWS

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kitchens Sink

Dr. Ransom

I think I see the issue with your sea control patrol after I downloaded it. There are 3 diff aircraft types/loadouts in CTF-150. I think that the 1/3 Rule will launch 1/3 of each type....so 3 of them go off at the start. If you change all of the helos to the same type/loadout in CTF-150, then only 1 will probably launch.

If this was it. WAD.

Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Sea Control Mission Ignores 1/3 Rule On Start Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI