Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Select button

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Gateway to Caen >> Tech Support >> Select button Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Select button - 1/9/2017 3:16:09 AM   
mickxe5

Similar to the Revert button issues...

Open Gavrus battle as Brits.
No.10 Plt/B Co is 1st Plt
No.7 Plt/A Co is 2nd Plt

Focus (highlight) is on 1st Plt
Selection box is on No.10 Plt HQ tm

Why does the A Co name slot in the forcepool (fp) roster have another Selection box around it ? What is the purpose of this sel box? If anything shouldnt B Co have this sel box in addition to being shown as the active Co at top of screen? Click on the No.7 Plt name space in the Active roster (AR) and the A Co name space in the fp roster remains selected but the supporting units text gets removed from all Co name slots. But when you click on a 7Plt/A Co tm in the AR 2nd Plt the sel box on the A Co fp slot disappears. Scroll down the forcepool roster and scroll back top to see the sel box on the A Co slot again.

Click anywhere in the 1st Plt AR space. Click on No.11 Plt in the fp then press the Select button to replace No.10 Plt in the AR. No.10 Plt goes back into the fp in switched order (PltHQ<->Piat; Bren<->Rifle; Bren<->Bren). The Select button also remains available even though no fp plt has a sel box on it. Or so you'd think. Click the Select button again and No.8 Plt is swapped into the 1st Plt AR and No.11 Plt goes back into the fp in switched order (PltHQ<->Piat; etc)

Again the Select button remains available even though, again, no plt has a sel box on it. Click Select button once more and the No.8 Plt team order get switched in the AR. The Selection button remains available and can be used to switch the No.8 Plt team order back and forth.

If No.10 Plt is returned to the AR it does so in the correct tm order but if it stays in the fp its team order will be switched if used in the AR for the next battle.

In the case of using the Select button to move support tms into the AR it remains lit but is inert if clicked without selecting a tm in the FP.

Unrelated but irritating, the player doesnt know what exactly what support units any given plt has available unless that plt is swapped into the 1st Plt AR slot. Some kind of support preview other than the general text listing in the Co. FP slots would be useful when FP units are selected. No telling how depleted any Co HQ's support units may be unless one of its plts is moved into the 1st Plt AR slot.

Also unrelated but somewhat confusing is that the company name is shown in the 2nd Plt slot on the AR but the the company name for 1st Plt AR is separated at the top of the screen. I tend to notice the 2nd Plt company name more than the 1st because my focus is on the center of the screen.
Post #: 1
RE: Select button - 1/9/2017 6:25:12 PM   
SteveMcClaire

Hi Mick,

Thanks for your feedback. I will make a note of the selection mismatch issues to be evaluated for future game updates.

Steve

(in reply to mickxe5)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Gateway to Caen >> Tech Support >> Select button Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI