The Rise and Fall Of An Empire!

Please post here for questions and discussion about modding for Strategic Command.
kirk23

The Rise and Fall Of An Empire!

Post by kirk23 »

New Year = New Era for the game.[:D]

I have started working on a brand new scenario,this Campaign returns to the Napoleonic era,the scenario starts in 1803 with France (Axis) at war with Britain (Allies)[;)]

So that means no Aircraft or Tanks,and definitely no units moving huge distances due to rail travel,because there be no Trains hehehehe![:)]

Attachments
Rise & Fall MOD TEAM.jpg
Rise & Fall MOD TEAM.jpg (172.88 KiB) Viewed 3582 times
Make it so!
SIPRES

RE: The Rise and Fall Of An Empire!

Post by SIPRES »

I like very much,

must be a huge amount of work!!

in case you need help for 2D counters just let me know
[;)]

Christophe

Attachments
NAPO.jpg
NAPO.jpg (6.83 KiB) Viewed 3362 times
TangSooDo

Post by TangSooDo »

I think this is a great idea. Napoleonics were my favorite wargame subject for many years.
TheBattlefield

Post by TheBattlefield »

Wow. Sounds like a lot of work. You'll have to zoom in the map scale to fit the mass gatherings of units in a small place, right? This is the part I disliked in games like "Commander - Napoleon At War". They just changed WW1/WW2 units with napoleonic ones and completely miss the scale. A "Waterloo" battleground would be nice!

If this works, then someone may dare to a "Lord of the Rings" or "Game of the Thrones" mod! [:D]
Elite Forces - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4491689
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Yes it really is a huge amount of work,that said here is a screenshot of the Research options.Please note that this is very much a work in progress.[;)]

Attachments
Researchw..progress.jpg
Researchw..progress.jpg (179.81 KiB) Viewed 3332 times
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Research in game for Napoleonic Era 1803.

Attachments
Researchingame.jpg
Researchingame.jpg (163.03 KiB) Viewed 3332 times
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

French purchase options,as previously stated these are for demo only.[:)]

Attachments
FrenchPur..options.jpg
FrenchPur..options.jpg (199.99 KiB) Viewed 3333 times
Make it so!
Lehnardtsson

Post by Lehnardtsson »

great idea!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

ORIGINAL: SIPRES

I like very much,

[;)]

Christophe

Thanks for the offer! Scenario is still in the very early stages of development,still to decide on what units will be included in the OOB for each of the Nations involved.[:)]

PS: Your graphics look superb by the way.[;)]
Make it so!
OxfordGuy3

Post by OxfordGuy3 »

Awesome, a turn-based strategic Napoleonic game - that ticks lots of boxes for me! I used to love the old Avalon Hill "War in Peace" boardgame
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his" - George S. Patton
prince_blucher

Post by prince_blucher »

Kirk, fantastic, thank you so much for starting this mod. I really enjoyed your work with Commander: Napoleon at War. I think this game lends itself well to the era. Good luck, and God's speed.
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Cheers!Unlike Commander Napoleon At War this game gives me the option to create a massive mod for the Napoleonic Era because it comes with a superb editor.[;)]

I have been busy working on the map changes for how Europe was in 1803,here is the latest change I have removed the Suez Canal,the Kiel Canal has also been removed from the map.[:D]

I will evetually get round to removing all the rail network from the game map also,but at the moment that is a minor thing so it can wait.

Attachments
Suezcanal..themap.jpg
Suezcanal..themap.jpg (191.46 KiB) Viewed 3333 times
Make it so!
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Another change is to naval loops on the map,these have all had the Axis,Allies restrictions removed,now any ship can use the loop.[;)]

Attachments
Navalloops.jpg
Navalloops.jpg (57.67 KiB) Viewed 3333 times
Make it so!
OxfordGuy3

Post by OxfordGuy3 »

ORIGINAL: kirk23

Cheers!Unlike Commander Napoleon At War this game gives me the option to create a massive mod for the Napoleonic Era because it comes with a superb editor.[;)]

I have been busy working on the map changes for how Europe was in 1803,here is the latest change I have removed the Suez Canal,the Keil Canal has also been removed from the map.[:D]

I will evetually get round to removing all the rail network from the game map also,but at the moment that is a minor thing so it can wait.

Great work that you're doing here Kirk23, I'd be happy to be a play tester for this when you get further along. I'm guessing this is going to be multiplayer only initially (support for multiplayer should be added to SC3 soon), as the AI and scripting would likely take quite a lot of work? Do you still intend to make it playable against the AI eventually?

"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his" - George S. Patton
OxfordGuy3

Post by OxfordGuy3 »

I like very much,

[;)]

Christophe

Liking this counter style, reminds me of Avalon Hill's War in Peace boardgame:

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/626/war-and-peace

French and allies:

British and Russian:

Austrian and Prussian:

Spanish:

kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

ORIGINAL: oxford_guy

I have been busy working on the map changes for how Europe was in 1803,here is the latest change I have removed the Suez Canal,the Keil Canal has also been removed from the map.[:D]

Great work that you're doing here Kirk23, I'd be happy to be a play tester for this when you get further along. I'm guessing this is going to be multiplayer only initially (support for multiplayer should be added to SC3 soon), as the AI and scripting would likely take quite a lot of work? Do you still intend to make it playable against the AI eventually?

I intend to have it play against the AI, I will be altering the all the AI scripts,in fact I will be altering all the scripts.

I'm busy altering the map at the moment to include new Nations,today so far I have added Free State Of Saxony which has Dresden as its Capital city.[:)]
Make it so!
OxfordGuy3

Post by OxfordGuy3 »

I intend to have it play against the AI, I will be altering the all the AI scripts,in fact I will be altering all the scripts.

I'm busy altering the map at the moment to include new Nations,today so far I have added Free State Of Saxony which has Dresden as its Capital city.[:)]

Great stuff! What different naval units will be present? Perhaps 3 decker and 2 decker ships-of-the-line and frigates, maybe bomb ketches too for shore bombardment (as at the battle of Copenhagen: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of ... gen_(1807)): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bomb_vessel
SIPRES

Post by SIPRES »

I like very much,

[;)]

Christophe

Liking this counter style, reminds me of Avalon Hill's War in Peace boardgame:

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/626/war-and-peace

You're right, that's was my best Napoleonic boardgame
SIPRES

Post by SIPRES »

Yes it really is a huge amount of work,that said here is a screenshot of the Research options.Please note that this is very much a work in progress.[;)]

What about the following for Major's?

UK
FRANCE
AUSTRIA
SPAIN
PRUSSIA
RUSSIA
OTTOMAN EMPIRE (fight mainly against Russia, but the Empire and its vassal extend from Algeria to Egypt and most part of the balkans)
SWEDEN (Fight as coalitions Allied but also against Russia, they do loose Finland)
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

I think the 8 major nations will be as follows:

ALLIED

BRITAIN
AUSTRIA
RUSSIA
PRUSSIA
OTTOMAN EMPIRE

AXIS

FRANCE