Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

coming to grips with the Luftwaffe

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> coming to grips with the Luftwaffe Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
coming to grips with the Luftwaffe - 12/30/2016 11:14:41 AM   
TomaszPudlo

1) What is the impact of air leaders? Is there any point in replacing weak air leaders?

2) All Luftwaffe air bases have the same amount of supply squads, but vary greatly in number of planes. For instance, 10th LW Air Base has 220 air support squads and 123 planes, while 11th LW Air Base has the same amount of air support squads but only 83 planes. Is there any point in spreading the planes more evenly?

3) The army has its own air bases used for reconnaissance planes only. Does it make sense to move all Luftwaffe reconnaissance planes to army air bases?

4) During the blizzard, is it sensible to evacuate most air bases west?
Post #: 1
RE: coming to grips with the Luftwaffe - 12/30/2016 12:47:32 PM   
swkuh

Personal approach for #2 #3 (may not be optimal,) but at least a plan that accounts for distribution of Luftwaffe groups.

Ju88 recon units only are posted to LW bases, along with suitable mix of groups to ensure full CAP/air defense and bombers. Like having all units of named group together to help account for units. Bases clustered around HQs and clusters distributed to provide coverage to all fronts.

Army ABs are kept near Armys' fronts and are populated with suitable short range recon groups (of which there are plenty.)

Seems to work; at least its a plan; LW performance depends most on equipment; Soviet equipment/quantity rile in the end.

Retreat/advance follows fronts.

< Message edited by rrbill -- 12/30/2016 12:49:27 PM >

(in reply to TomaszPudlo)
Post #: 2
RE: coming to grips with the Luftwaffe - 1/4/2017 10:48:26 AM   
GabrielBora

I leave the army airbases out in the cold durring blizard so they drop to 50% TOE .
you dont need 250 support squads just for 60 -70 light recon planes .

however 250 support squads is not enough for a full strenght bomber wing, so you end up assing a bomber wing with 4 groups on 2 airbases .

(in reply to swkuh)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> coming to grips with the Luftwaffe Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI