Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

UK Need for Garrison in Africa and Mid-East?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> UK Need for Garrison in Africa and Mid-East? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
UK Need for Garrison in Africa and Mid-East? - 12/21/2016 10:37:28 PM   
Malor

Does the UK(or US) need to assign garrisons in Egypt, Palestine, Jordan or any other location in Africa?

The 'P' shows partisans icons, but are those for the Axis only?

Thanks,
Malor
Post #: 1
RE: UK Need for Garrison in Africa and Mid-East? - 12/22/2016 5:19:49 PM   
BillRunacre

Hi Malor

Yes, Partisans can only act in favour of their state, and as these are Allied Minors their Partisans will oppose the Axis if the Axis get that far.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to Malor)
Post #: 2
RE: UK Need for Garrison in Africa and Mid-East? - 12/22/2016 6:09:13 PM   
Malor

Bill,

So if I as the Allies invade Syria which is Vichy France, no partisans would form against the allies once they liberate the country because the it used to be originally owned by the French (Allied).

Now I need to move all the garrisons forward to act as emergency stop gaps in Greece and Albania, which just became Allied again when Italy surrendered. It is strange that they did not remain axis. I was able to move troops in quickly and purchase others before Germany had a chance to do anything. Too bad it was not that simple in the actual was.

What about Iraq or Saudi Arabia which are taken over by either DE or Diplo Chits? I assume Saudi is allied and requires no garrisons because they joined the allies willingly, but I would expect Iraq to require them because troops had to be used to force a surrender.

Thanks for the info. It is always nice to have great support from the staff.
Malor

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 3
RE: UK Need for Garrison in Africa and Mid-East? - 12/22/2016 8:38:53 PM   
BillRunacre

Hi Malor

With Syria, if you as Allies declare war on it then it will become Axis, so yes, Partisan activity could in theory be encountered in such a situation. The engine itself doesn't remember that the territory used to be part of France, it works on its status at the time when scripts are triggered.

However, the good news is that we don't have any Syrian partisans so you won't have any issues with them.

Historically the Italian surrender did lead to a massive rise in Partisan activity in Yugoslavia and Albania, so I don't think there's anything wrong with what you've described in Greece and Albania.

When Italy surrenders it's really up to the Axis to attempt to re-garrison any Partisan spots before the Partisans rise, and the actual per turn trigger % for partisans is low, typically 15%, less if the British don't invest in S.O.E., so most of the time the Axis should be able to get there first, but not always...

You are right that Iraqis could disrupt supply at Mosul and Baghdad, but no actual Partisan units will deploy so if you leave these un-garrisoned it's not the end of the world.

If the Saudis join the Allies via diplomacy then you won't have any worries there. Anyone invading them will face them though, and they have a 25% chance of triggering per turn.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Malor

Thanks for the info. It is always nice to have great support from the staff.
Malor

Thanks, glad to be of assistance.

Bill

< Message edited by Bill Runacre -- 12/22/2016 8:39:12 PM >

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to Malor)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> UK Need for Garrison in Africa and Mid-East? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI