Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

supply

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> supply Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
supply - 12/16/2016 9:18:56 PM   
panzers

I'm in Russia and a lot of my units are in very limited supply, furthermore, many of them are not under any command.
Is there a way to fix this? I'm sure there are plenty of availavle space for my units to be under command.
Do I have to keep buying HQ's?
Post #: 1
RE: supply - 12/16/2016 10:02:35 PM   
The Land

Supply radiates from HQs - an HQ can supply any number of units, you don't need to assign the unit to the HQ to get the supply (only the combat bonus). It's also important that the HQ itself is a) in reasonable supply (preferably Supply 5 or more) and b) at full strength.

Only a certain number of units can be under the command of an HQ and they have to be nearby - both values depend on your Command and Control tech.

After all of that, yes, build more HQs.

(in reply to panzers)
Post #: 2
RE: supply - 12/16/2016 10:10:30 PM   
rjh1971

Use hockey s too view the supply overlay and the prognosis for the next turn, depending on where you have moved your HQ and cities you may have conquered. This can give you a good idea about you logistics and where you need to move your HQ.

GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI

(in reply to The Land)
Post #: 3
RE: supply - 12/17/2016 2:46:45 AM   
Hairog

There is a very good article about how supply works on

Wargamer- here

Explains a lot.

WW III 1946 Books
SC3 EAW WW Three 1946 Mod and Naval Mods
WarPlan and WarPlan Pac Alpha and Be

(in reply to rjh1971)
Post #: 4
RE: supply - 12/17/2016 3:20:16 PM   
James Taylor

Is it just me or is anyone else having trouble recognizing mud conditions?

I'm not seeing darkening of the tiles and no text in the terrain picture in the lower left of the screen.

My only option is to note a pre-move AP requirement in clear terrain.

SeaMonkey

(in reply to Hairog)
Post #: 5
RE: supply - 12/17/2016 3:43:37 PM   
n0kn0k

quote:

ORIGINAL: James Taylor

Is it just me or is anyone else having trouble recognizing mud conditions?

I'm not seeing darkening of the tiles and no text in the terrain picture in the lower left of the screen.

My only option is to note a pre-move AP requirement in clear terrain.

Try to disable National colors. It's alot more clear then.

(in reply to James Taylor)
Post #: 6
RE: supply - 12/18/2016 9:18:49 PM   
James Taylor

Having more issues in USSR.

Supply overlay says 6, 7, and the HQ next to units in clear terrain, no mud, is at 8, but in actuality the unit screen shows 3, 4.

There are things like this constantly, as well as HQs being non-supportive within 2 hexes of each other both showing 8 supply.

Sometimes they're 8 and sometimes 10.

SeaMonkey

(in reply to n0kn0k)
Post #: 7
RE: supply - 12/18/2016 11:26:54 PM   
Malor

Mud is very difficult to see on the map. I spent two turns in my first game attempting to determine why my supply was reduced. Finally noticed the change in shade on the map.

It would be nice if mud, snow, blizzard and any other conditions display each turn in the hex overview like storms/calm do at sea. At least when I can't see the storm color change, I can glance at the hex info and figure out why my planes won't fly.

The option to turn off national colors does work, but the game should not require one to turn off one feature to see a basic game feature like weather.

This is something I'm hoping is modified in a future patch.

Malor

(in reply to James Taylor)
Post #: 8
RE: supply - 12/18/2016 11:45:50 PM   
Meyer1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Malor

Mud is very difficult to see on the map. I spent two turns in my first game attempting to determine why my supply was reduced. Finally noticed the change in shade on the map.

It would be nice if mud, snow, blizzard and any other conditions display each turn in the hex overview like storms/calm do at sea. At least when I can't see the storm color change, I can glance at the hex info and figure out why my planes won't fly.

The option to turn off national colors does work, but the game should not require one to turn off one feature to see a basic game feature like weather.

This is something I'm hoping is modified in a future patch.

Malor

You are correct, but I'm just gonna say that I hated the map color at first, liked the "national colors" a little better and was waiting for a mod... but eventually I became use to the default color, and I love it now. So maybe you could give it a second chance

(in reply to Malor)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> supply Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI