Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Eastern Front 1941 campaign

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941 >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Eastern Front 1941 campaign Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Eastern Front 1941 campaign - 12/6/2019 5:49:54 PM   
AngrySwan

Kishinev and some other scenarios only have the objectives but no deadlines. A general would always know how much time he has for an operation and when he has failed.

Added ''turns'' condition to Kishinev and texts to mission briefings. The main screen still shows "Turn..." and not ''Turn.../...''. What is the trick of getting the number of turns on the main screen. like Turn 1/15 instead of just Tun 1?

(in reply to AngrySwan)
Post #: 91
RE: Eastern Front 1941 campaign - 12/10/2019 3:57:00 AM   
Ronald Wendt

Hi AngrySwan,

in Ausf.E is a fix for the problem. Please check if it solves your issues, too.

(in reply to AngrySwan)
Post #: 92
RE: Eastern Front 1941 campaign - 12/10/2019 7:25:30 PM   
AngrySwan

Hi Ronald,

I added ''turns'' to the mission briefing; the menu still shows only the current turn but the player sees the number of days in his mission briefings.

Riga scenario - to lose it in the old version, the player had to lose either Klaipeda/Memel, Ebenrode and Labiau but the total number of lost victory locations was 2. If you change the total number to 3 (delete one location, insert it again and raise the numbers of scenarios to 3) loss of one city is loss of the campaign. This one city will most likely be either Klaipeda/Memel or Ebenrode because Labiau is further behind the lines and the Soviets need more time to reach it.

< Message edited by AngrySwan -- 12/10/2019 7:50:34 PM >

(in reply to Ronald Wendt)
Post #: 93
RE: Eastern Front 1941 campaign - 12/12/2019 4:51:49 AM   
Ronald Wendt

Hi AngrySwan,

i misunderstood your question the first time, sorry for that. You need an event that has as a condition "turns" an action "Scenario end". Only then you get the X/Y display in the panel.

(in reply to AngrySwan)
Post #: 94
RE: Eastern Front 1941 campaign - 12/12/2019 6:13:05 AM   
terminator

Example SD-Minsk-Bagration (1/2) :

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Ronald Wendt)
Post #: 95
RE: Eastern Front 1941 campaign - 12/12/2019 6:13:50 AM   
terminator

Example SD-Minsk-Bagration (2/2) :

Attachment (1)

(in reply to terminator)
Post #: 96
RE: Eastern Front 1941 campaign - 12/12/2019 1:32:03 PM   
AngrySwan

The original scenario had a victory condition left over from the AA campaign. After I deleted this condition the Kishinev scenario now shows the remaining turns.

I will not replay the campaign because some interesting things have happened (in Riga scenario I had some KV2 surrender to AGN and in Tallinn/Reval some T-34s surrendered to the StuG brigade, so I assume they were attached to antitank battalion of that brigade, and maybe the infantry division commander could keep a couple of KV2, or maybe they were sent to a tank division) but Kishinev scenario is now corrected and shows how many turns are left.

This issues also needs to be corrected for Smolensk scenario and maybe there are more scenarios with this problem.

(in reply to terminator)
Post #: 97
RE: Eastern Front 1941 campaign - 12/12/2019 1:36:59 PM   
AngrySwan

The original scenario had a victory condition left over from the AA campaign. After I deleted this condition the Kishinev scenario now shows the remaining turns.

I will not replay the campaign because some interesting things have happened (in Riga scenario I had some KV2 surrender to AGN and in Tallinn/Reval some T-34s surrendered to the StuG brigade, so I assume some of them were attached to the antitank battalion of that brigade, and maybe the infantry division commander could keep a couple of KV2, or maybe they were sent to a tank division, and of course the Kummersdorf tank testing grounds also got their share of these Soviet tanks) but Kishinev scenario is now corrected and shows how many turns are left.

This issue also needs to be corrected for Smolensk scenario and maybe there are more scenarios with this problem.

< Message edited by AngrySwan -- 12/12/2019 1:39:03 PM >

(in reply to AngrySwan)
Post #: 98
RE: Eastern Front 1941 campaign - 12/15/2019 4:14:50 PM   
AngrySwan

Fixed the turns for Smolensk and Tikhvin scenarios and changed the victory conditions for Smolensk and Tikhvin.

There were many victory conditions left from the AA campaign that are not needed in 1941 - I did not touch them in the earlier versions because I was not sure how to modify victory conditions. In this version I only kept the victory conditions that matter for this campaign.

In 1941 campaign the player is forgiven some minor losses like Kishinev or Crimea but in important battles the High Command is very demanding - one loss and the Eastern Front has another commander.

After Smolensk and Staraya Russa there are no choices - because you do no have a choice anyway so you just go to next scenario.

The campaign after changes.

There is an interesting thing in Kishinev scenario - if you destroy the last enemy unit on turn 16 the game does not end but you get a brilliant victory on turn 17. I do not see it as a bug because my new air doctrine eats up most of my resources so I can always use some more.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by AngrySwan -- 12/20/2019 11:12:17 AM >

(in reply to AngrySwan)
Post #: 99
RE: Eastern Front 1941 campaign - 12/23/2019 5:59:48 AM   
Ronald Wendt

Hi AngrySwan,

got your update and will include it in the next version.

(in reply to AngrySwan)
Post #: 100
RE: Eastern Front 1941 campaign - 12/28/2019 6:30:38 PM   
AngrySwan

Returning to defense of Crimea in 1941 as suggested by terminator and the map from Armchair General.

The map from Armchair General web site shows a defense line near Feodosiya and we can assume there was some defense of Kerch so I will add two bunkers near Feodosiya and Kerch and see how fast Crimea can be taken with these additional defenses. Maybe some turns need to be added.

Yevpatoriya already has defense and Simferopol did not have defense in the original scenario. Sudak has no railways leading to it and only a recon battalion can reach it quickly but recon units are no bunker killers so Sudak will not be a victory location.

The attack on Sevastopol must be a hard one like the Odessa scenario, a month of fighting before the city falls. It could be either the second attack on Sevastopol in December 1941 if the Germans can gather sufficient artillery forces, or they would wait until summer of 1942 and then Sevastopol becomes a standalone scenario or a part of Fall Blau campaign.
If the second attack on Sevastopol fails, the player will be forgiven (a delay in taking one heavily fortified city is not a defeat in the war).
A separate map is needed for Sevastopol scenario, either Panzer General II conversion or a completely new one.

(in reply to AngrySwan)
Post #: 101
RE: Eastern Front 1941 campaign - 4/20/2020 7:33:18 PM   
AngrySwan

Demyansk added to Staraya Russa scenario as the sixth objective. There seems to be a Soviet deployment area around Demyansk so it will be defended.
Since the Reserve in the Army list is more an operational transfer between army groups than real reserve, and OKH reserve divisions were assigned to particular army groups, the following changes in the Army list:

a new army named OKH Reserve North
a new army named OKH Reserve Center
a new army named OKH Reserve South
the current Reserve renamed to Transfers (between army groups) - I am still looking for the German word.

The OKH Reserve was rather small but if there is a list of formations and I have not used all Armies on the list yet, this list may as well be filled.

(in reply to AngrySwan)
Post #: 102
RE: Eastern Front 1941 campaign - 5/2/2020 5:12:17 AM   
AngrySwan

Returning to Crimea scenario - a test of terminator' s idea to show the Soviet defense in Kerch peninsula. The Soviets will have bunkers east of Feodosia, halfway between Feodosiya and Kerch and in front of Kerch. These bunkers must be destroyed in order to win.

Also returning to Bryansk and Kalinin scenarios. Bryansk (not in game so far) shows Guderian' s advance in the direction of Bryansk-Mzensk. Kalinin is not just a battle for that city but also a breakthrough in the northern direction, Torzhok and onward. Together with Volkhov-Tikhvin operation that would make the Soviet situation even more difficult in the northern part or the front, and end the historical missions there.
There is an infantry only battle for Kharkov, based on a converted Third Kharkov map.

(I am also thinking about the southern direction in 1942 with four historical missions but that could be a separate campaign altogether; I feel that capture of Moscow in 1941 is also the end of the 1941 campaign.)

Taking the Kerch peninsula is a separate operation on the same map; historically Simferopol was taken on November 1 and Kerch on November 15.
Sevastopol looks like a scenario for 1942 (third attack).

In the new version the Soviet defenses in Kerch peninsula are too easy and Kerch is taken by the first dates of November. To make the mission more historical, the last Soviet line around Kerch must have stronger units (historically 4 divisions) so that Kerch would be taken after several days of fighting closer to the middle of november.

Battalion size bunker garrisons are an obstacle to tanks, can slow down infantry and are not good at all against combined attacks.

< Message edited by AngrySwan -- 5/2/2020 11:39:24 AM >

(in reply to AngrySwan)
Post #: 103
RE: Eastern Front 1941 campaign - 5/8/2020 8:14:10 PM   
AngrySwan

The initial Crimea offensive limited to Yevpatoriya, Simferopol and Feodosiya. Advance to Kerch can be a separate operation (Germans deploying 3 infantry divisions and maybe some support units against Soviet bunkers).

A new concept for Moscow operation. Since tanks are usable in winter, the number of units for Moscow scenario is 50 (anyway, I kept tank units in reserve because bunker killing is a task for infantry.) The operation starts on November 15 (as on the Soviet maps) but the deadline is September 4 for all objectives. Just two outcomes, either brilliant victory (ending the campaign with the current victory message) or defeat (after which the commander is sent to reserve).

(in reply to AngrySwan)
Post #: 104
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941 >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: Eastern Front 1941 campaign Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI