Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Gulf War (New Scenario)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Gulf War (New Scenario) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Gulf War (New Scenario) - 12/2/2016 11:11:49 AM   
jafo657

Here's one l've been working on for awhile. Let me know what you think.

Attachment (1)

Thanks

Doug
Post #: 1
RE: Gulf War (New Scenario) - 12/2/2016 2:32:08 PM   
ojms

Seems interesting so far!

First initial comments though are:

1. clear the message log, Ctrl + M
2. Are Iraq meant to be a playable side?
3. No aircraft on the BB Wisconsin group?

Looks like you've made a lot of effort though in terms of unit names.

(in reply to jafo657)
Post #: 2
RE: Gulf War (New Scenario) - 12/2/2016 9:57:55 PM   
jafo657

Ok, didn't know about the message log. Learn something new every day. I thought about having it played by Iraq but after seeing what they were up against, l realised they did not have a chance. Maybe later l'll give it a go and try it out. No, the BB Wisconsin group is not meant to have air units, maybe a couple of Seahawks or Lynxs but that's about it.

(in reply to ojms)
Post #: 3
RE: Gulf War (New Scenario) - 12/4/2016 7:10:05 AM   
Primarchx

This was a fun scenario! The Gulf fighting was tense - good thing Type 42's have seaskimmer-capable SAMs! Looking forward to going Downtown over Baghdad.

(in reply to jafo657)
Post #: 4
RE: Gulf War (New Scenario) - 12/6/2016 2:45:56 AM   
Gunner98

Nice scenario, Have played about an hour of it, sitting at the 500 points at the moment, no land strikes except SEAD have gone in yet.

A few point that might make it a bit more polished.

-The BB Group is quite unwieldy, 23 units is too large for a TG, especially in restricted waters. Suggest an AD group 20 Miles to the west, the BBs and Spruance with a FFG or two as the main strike group. The AO's with a couple FF/FFGs 20 to the SE, finally a small gp ready for surface action 15 miles to the north.
-The Amphib TG is not named
-I would also set the WRA for the AD shooters to about 25 miles to prevent them from firing off their magazines at Mig-21s
-For Iraq, you may wish to consider a bunch of Intercept missions instead of CAPs. Will add some surprise to any strikes coming in on the bases.
-The Iraq SAMs should have some extra ammo. If they survive long enough to reload it will keep the player guessing.
-No points for sinking Iraqi ships
-No points for striking land targets
-10 points for a Mig-21 vs 20 for an F-15 seems a bit out of whack, I would lower the Iraqi aircraft to 2 or 3 points, maybe raise the coalition to 25 or 30 or even higher.
-You may wish to mention the restriction of striking Kuwaiti airfields in the brief
-It would be good to have some Tankers, AWACs and CCalls, perhaps a JSTAR and some CAP in the air at start. They had been there for months by this point and the routine patrols would be set up.
-There are more forces deployed than you have. Cdns for instance here: http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/persian-gulf-war-1990-91/
-This link here is a good source for other forces: http://www.afhso.af.mil/shared/media/document/AFD-100927-065.pdf

Enjoying this so far.

Thanks

B

(in reply to Primarchx)
Post #: 5
RE: Gulf War (New Scenario) - 12/6/2016 10:36:04 AM   
Gunner98

A couple points on the Events:

-the message event is set to display to Iraq so the Coalition player never sees it
-The Kuwait airfield Trigger is set to a runway that does not exits

I think to achieve what you want with Kuwaiti infrastructure you may wish to set the Airfields to a different side - allied with Iraq and trigger the message and perhaps negative points to that side. Currently its pretty lose. Or not, and keep it to the Runways assuming that the coalition will rebuild everything else. To do that however you need to set each Runway as a trigger. Currently 4 of the 5 3200ft runways and 2 of the 3 4000 ft runways are in Kuwait, so its a bit tricky. Either the player cannot bomb any runways or you need to be a little more selective.

The player has a lot of Air to mud aircraft and he's going to want to go out and bomb something so some target sets in the briefing would be good and give points for them.

This ones got a lot going for it, just needs a bit of tweaking.

B

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 6
RE: Gulf War (New Scenario) - 12/6/2016 12:21:26 PM   
Primarchx

I agree about the BB Task Group. I wound up breaking it into several smaller groups for air defense, UNREP, command, NGS, etc. Gunner's idea about limiting Iraqi CAPs is good, as well. Add more Intercept strikes to surprise Allied strikes.

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 7
RE: Gulf War (New Scenario) - 12/9/2016 4:30:39 PM   
AlexGGGG

Well I scored around 1300 while playing with unlimited ammo. Trick was to avoid losses as best possible.

Time is enough to reload and do proper SEAD, then destroy what's on the ground with more-or-less standoff weapons.

< Message edited by AlexGGGG -- 12/9/2016 4:31:15 PM >

(in reply to Primarchx)
Post #: 8
RE: Gulf War (New Scenario) - 12/12/2016 3:18:23 PM   
MichaelJCuozzo

Just started playing the scenario for a bit last night. So far, I'm enjoying it. Coalition ORBATs and such look good on the air side. On the naval side though, I agree with previous comments about the naval group in the northern Persian Gulf. It really became SAM-happy too and I had to fiddle with its ROEs to make it more realistic.

(in reply to AlexGGGG)
Post #: 9
RE: Gulf War (New Scenario) - 12/28/2016 4:15:17 PM   
stolypin

Very fun scenario. I remember playing the original Harpoon version in 1992 or 1993.

(in reply to MichaelJCuozzo)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Gulf War (New Scenario) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI