Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What game do you wish they would make a PC game of ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> What game do you wish they would make a PC game of ? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What game do you wish they would make a PC game of ? - 11/28/2016 11:04:58 PM   
aaatoysandmore

But, never did?....I always liked the American Heritage games when I was a kid, Broadsides, Dogfight and Battle Cry. Those were some of my greatest memories playing against my friend with them. Broadsides and Dogfight especially.

What game(s) would you like to see come to the PC?
Post #: 1
RE: What game do you wish they would make a PC game of ? - 11/29/2016 12:08:14 AM   
Cataphract88

Squad Leader or Advanced Squad Leader.

Richard

(in reply to aaatoysandmore)
Post #: 2
RE: What game do you wish they would make a PC game of ? - 11/29/2016 12:29:35 AM   
AbwehrX

There are none that need to be made at this point. Im still trying to catch up to the dozens already made.

(in reply to Cataphract88)
Post #: 3
RE: What game do you wish they would make a PC game of ? - 11/29/2016 1:21:46 AM   
Deepstuff3725

Panzer Grenadier boardgames

(in reply to AbwehrX)
Post #: 4
RE: What game do you wish they would make a PC game of ? - 11/29/2016 6:49:07 AM   
lecrop

Von Reiswitz Kriegsspiel

(in reply to Deepstuff3725)
Post #: 5
RE: What game do you wish they would make a PC game of ? - 11/29/2016 8:49:58 AM   
larrybush

It's a pretty big list!
Avalon Hill's Longest Day.
Victory Game's Gulf Strike & Aegean Strike.
Gamer's Game Enemy at the Gates and Guderian's Blitzkreig.
GDW's Third World War series.
GDW's Space 2300AD

(in reply to lecrop)
Post #: 6
RE: What game do you wish they would make a PC game of ? - 11/29/2016 11:17:59 AM   
MrsWargamer

Weeeeeeeell If it was just a matter of putting the board game onto a computer so as to eliminate the usual "where to put it to play it."

The Longest Day.

With the understanding it would have no AI, no AI would ever be coming, and multi player only if you could find people willing to realize the interaction would not alter from the board game at all.

And Up Front done the way they do Hearthstone ie an online game interface between too people. With no collectible aspect though.

I think Columbia Games has a number of games that would be fun as a live experience design too.

Wargame, 05% of the time.
Play with Barbies 05% of the time.
Play with Legos 10% of the time.
Build models 20% of the time
Shopping 60% of the time.
Exlains why I buy em more than I play em.

(in reply to larrybush)
Post #: 7
RE: What game do you wish they would make a PC game of ? - 11/29/2016 11:47:22 AM   
sullafelix

The Conquerors by SPI

Windows 7 home premium 64
Intel quad core I7
16 gig
AMD R9 200 series

Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!

(in reply to MrsWargamer)
Post #: 8
RE: What game do you wish they would make a PC game of ? - 11/29/2016 1:15:30 PM   
E

quote:

ORIGINAL: cataphract88
Squad Leader

Check out Close Assault by Avalon Hill

quote:

ORIGINAL: cataphract88
or Advanced Squad Leader.

Check out Matrix Games' Tigers on the Hunt (but BE FOREWARNED there are secret Monitor Resolution Requirements in direct conflict with moderator statements)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grognerd
Victory Game's Gulf Strike

Avalon Hill already put that out for PC (amongst other machines)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MrsWargamer
Weeeeeeeell If it was just a matter of putting the board game onto a computer so as to eliminate the usual "where to put it to play it."

See http://www.vassalengine.org/

quote:

The Longest Day.

See http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:The_Longest_Day

quote:

And Up Front done the way they do Hearthstone ie an online game interface between too people. With no collectible aspect though.

No idea what Hearthstone is, but you may still want to check out http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Up_Front

"Lose" is the opposite of "win." "Loose" is the opposite of "tight."

Friends Don't Let Friends Facebook.

Twitter is for... (wait for it!) ...Twits!

(in reply to Cataphract88)
Post #: 9
RE: What game do you wish they would make a PC game of ? - 11/29/2016 1:36:36 PM   
m10bob

A hex based game on the American Civil War and the Korean War.(There were a couple good ones in the days of DOS but today's technology would really be a vast improvement).

(in reply to aaatoysandmore)
Post #: 10
RE: What game do you wish they would make a PC game of ? - 11/29/2016 2:58:25 PM   
operating

quote:

ORIGINAL: m10bob

A hex based game on the American Civil War and the Korean War.(There were a couple good ones in the days of DOS but today's technology would really be a vast improvement).

I agree..

A Commander series Civil War (CTCW) hex style, none of all auto resolve battles like in wego Ageoad stuff, let the player get the action...

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 11
RE: What game do you wish they would make a PC game of ? - 11/29/2016 4:33:28 PM   
Gilmer

Flattop! I think that is its name. It would need AI so I could finally play it. I owned it as a kid with no one to play it against.

He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon
"There are no modern Nazis. The real Nazis in Hell laugh at the notion." - Gilmer, descendant of Poles.

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 12
RE: What game do you wish they would make a PC game of ? - 11/29/2016 5:24:44 PM   
larrybush

quote:

Flattop
Played this in the late 80's or early 90's. Was for a Macintosh.

quote:

Avalon Hill already put that out for PC (amongst other machines)
Must of missed this somehow (or it was so bad I forgot)Ha!

Yeah, Vassal, I do forget about this until I get reminded.

(in reply to Gilmer)
Post #: 13
RE: What game do you wish they would make a PC game of ? - 11/29/2016 5:48:37 PM   
rocketman71

Steve Jackson's Car Wars and I'm not countning that crappy one from the 90s. T

(in reply to larrybush)
Post #: 14
RE: What game do you wish they would make a PC game of ? - 11/29/2016 7:39:03 PM   
wodin

Warbirds:Canvas Falcons (Designer on the look out for someone to convert to PC) Highly detailed and complex game totally suited for a PC conversion. Would make a great companion game to Bloody April.

Wings of Glory (again lots of failed attempts but designer wants to see it on the PC)

Streets of Stalingrad. Expect to see a review of the new edition, which is due to launch early next year, over at the blog (I do know they'd like to see a PC conversion)

NUTS! with Clash of Titans and Stalingrad expansions by Two Hour Wargames. (Designer on the look out for someone to convert to PC) This would be the greatest man vs man wargame to be developed onto the PC.

Car Wars and expansions. Using the last decent set of rules that came in the deluxe version.

One of the games I wanted to see was Bloody April and thankfully that's going to happen! Now to see those above converted.

(in reply to rocketman71)
Post #: 15
RE: What game do you wish they would make a PC game of ? - 11/29/2016 10:48:49 PM   
MrsWargamer

Hmm they vassaled The Longest Day eh, had thought maybe, was not sure. Thanks 'E' :) not much of a name to point at hehe.

You have not heard of Hearthstone eh. That's like saying "what's ASL?" :) Oh well, I don't imagine anyone on a Hearthstone forum has any clue what ASL means.

I might pursue looking into the Vassal module.

Wargame, 05% of the time.
Play with Barbies 05% of the time.
Play with Legos 10% of the time.
Build models 20% of the time
Shopping 60% of the time.
Exlains why I buy em more than I play em.

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 16
RE: What game do you wish they would make a PC game of ? - 11/30/2016 12:02:22 AM   
bairdlander

quote:

ORIGINAL: rocketboy

Try Darkwind..its free on Steam

(in reply to rocketman71)
Post #: 17
RE: What game do you wish they would make a PC game of ? - 11/30/2016 1:00:35 AM   
Jagdtiger14

H Gilmer:
quote:

Flattop!

Would love to see a modern version of this game, and also Avalon Hill's Midway.

Conflict with the unexpected: two qualities are indispensable; first, an intellect which, even in the midst of this obscurity, is not without some traces of inner light which lead to the truth; second, the courage to follow this faint light. KvC

(in reply to Gilmer)
Post #: 18
RE: What game do you wish they would make a PC game of ? - 11/30/2016 1:19:21 AM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: sulla05

The Conquerors by SPI

Was this the game with Persian, Carthiginian and maybe Roman?

If so, I think that was the game that introduced me to this hobby. My wife and I picked it up in a Krochs and Brentano's book store in the chicago northwest suburbs.

Rick

(in reply to sullafelix)
Post #: 19
RE: What game do you wish they would make a PC game of ? - 11/30/2016 10:38:19 AM   
wodin

Love the combat\driving mechanics in Darkwind. I'd like to see a WW1 air combat game using similar mechanics but adding a Z axis.

Do wish though Darkwind had a proper offline single player game.

quote:

ORIGINAL: bairdlander

quote:

ORIGINAL: rocketboy

Try Darkwind..its free on Steam

(in reply to bairdlander)
Post #: 20
RE: What game do you wish they would make a PC game of ? - 11/30/2016 1:57:18 PM   
sullafelix

' The Conquerors' by SPI, was actually three games in one
It was about Alexander's invasion of the Persian empire, along
With the Roman wars against Phillip V and Antiochus the Great.

Windows 7 home premium 64
Intel quad core I7
16 gig
AMD R9 200 series

Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 21
RE: What game do you wish they would make a PC game of ? - 11/30/2016 2:38:27 PM   
Mobius

I liked a little board game called 'Source of the Nile'. I made a little ANSI computer game of it long ago. A graphical computer game might be fun. But this was many years ago so it might not be in today's tastes.

All your Tanks are Belong to us!
panzer

(in reply to sullafelix)
Post #: 22
RE: What game do you wish they would make a PC game of ? - 11/30/2016 3:17:57 PM   
wings7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mobius

I liked a little board game called 'Source of the Nile'. I made a little ANSI computer game of it long ago. A graphical computer game might be fun. But this was many years ago so it might not be in today's tastes.

That was great little Exploration-Strategy game! I certainly have a taste for a game like that and were probably not alone...it would be a good graphical conversion!
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/1577/source-nile

Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 23
RE: What game do you wish they would make a PC game of ? - 11/30/2016 3:30:23 PM   
Aurelian

Like to see the SPW series get the Decision Games War in Europe treatment.

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 24
RE: What game do you wish they would make a PC game of ? - 11/30/2016 4:39:08 PM   
m10bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: H Gilmer

Flattop! I think that is its name. It would need AI so I could finally play it. I owned it as a kid with no one to play it against.

Carrier Strike was nearly same game for Atari nd Commodore, also played on my IBM PC...Nowadays, suggest you try WITP or WITP AE...Same concept on a much larger scale but smaller scenarios will work nicely.

(in reply to Gilmer)
Post #: 25
RE: What game do you wish they would make a PC game of ? - 11/30/2016 4:46:05 PM   
m10bob

Just for the helluvit..."Crush,Crumble and Chomp" offered several major cities, (Tokyo, NYC, London, Frisco...and even Sheboygan, LOL..

Player could creat one of maybe 20 famous old movie monsters (Godzilla, Rodan, King Kong, etc...and went about tearing stuff up...Lotta fun and ya got points for survivng the attempts from puny humans trying to avoid being eaten, (Oh, yeah...the great sound effects of people screaming and then slow chewing noises.) LOL....

Another game was something like Treausre Conquest where you went into a town...bought treasure maps and "clues" from shady characters and then financed a team to go deep sea or SCUBA diving for treasure in the oceans.

An earlier attempt with "dot" graphics was Mare Tesoro....Same concept as above.

Scads of ideas for "Beer and Pretzel" type games which might yield a quick buck for a game company...games like Railroad Tycoon, but involving building an empire of MISSISSIPI RIVERBOATS...There are several rivers which were navigable running off that great river and the history and importance of the bats was monumental.

Heck, I would even volunteer to do the historic research on that one!!!

< Message edited by m10bob -- 11/30/2016 4:49:46 PM >

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 26
RE: What game do you wish they would make a PC game of ? - 11/30/2016 6:11:41 PM   
fvianello

quote:

ORIGINAL: sulla05

The Conquerors by SPI

Hell yes!

H. Barca,
Surplus Consuls Dispatcher

(in reply to sullafelix)
Post #: 27
RE: What game do you wish they would make a PC game of ? - 11/30/2016 7:30:39 PM   
Capitaine

quote:

ORIGINAL: lecrop

Von Reiswitz Kriegsspiel

Oh yes. I've dreamt of this! It would all depend on the implementation and interface. I've had ideas on it and if done the way I imagine I think it would be great.

(in reply to lecrop)
Post #: 28
RE: What game do you wish they would make a PC game of ? - 11/30/2016 7:52:24 PM   
aaatoysandmore

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capitaine

quote:

ORIGINAL: lecrop

Von Reiswitz Kriegsspiel

Oh yes. I've dreamt of this! It would all depend on the implementation and interface. I've had ideas on it and if done the way I imagine I think it would be great.

They made a game simular to this for the Amiga 500 if I remember correctly called "Waterloo" it was a command and control game where you sent messages only to your commanders and they tried to carry them out. But, it had block units with these types of graphics. I liked it at the time. I really do like command and control games where I am just the commander and can't exploit he ai so easily if I play all the units. It's on the PC now as well so you can probably get a DoxBox version to work.

(in reply to Capitaine)
Post #: 29
RE: What game do you wish they would make a PC game of ? - 11/30/2016 8:32:26 PM   
E

quote:

ORIGINAL: H Gilmer

Been there, done that, got the tee shirt... Carrier Force, Carriers at War, Carrier Strike, etc, etc. (although I've been too lazy to fix my copy when Vassal 2.6'ish broke it, there is a Vassal module for Flattop... you might actually find someone to play it against!)

"Lose" is the opposite of "win." "Loose" is the opposite of "tight."

Friends Don't Let Friends Facebook.

Twitter is for... (wait for it!) ...Twits!

(in reply to Gilmer)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> What game do you wish they would make a PC game of ? Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI