Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to play game in Window?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> How to play game in Window? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to play game in Window? - 11/22/2016 10:55:21 PM   
Malor

How can I setup this game to play in a true window with scroll bars and not full screen as the default setup does? I have multiple monitors and would like to be able to move the game wherever needed.
Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: How to play game in Window? - 11/22/2016 11:06:55 PM   
Qwixt

No, but maybe some day.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=4186066

(in reply to Malor)
Post #: 2
RE: How to play game in Window? - 11/23/2016 1:19:13 PM   
Malor

Qwixt,
Thanks for the reply.
I'm always disappointed when games for Windows do not actually run in a window or present the option to do both fullscreen or window. I like to toggle between multiple monitors and applications to fully utilize my computer capabilities and when I can't I get frustrated. The auto window scroll when moving the mouse out of SC3 to another monitor is an extremely annoying result and should have been corrected during first alpha testing. If the mouse is off the screen/app, nothing should happen on it, yet, being forced to use fullscreen means additional work to refocus the screen when returning to SC3. It is almost 2017, why games are not designed to run in a window and work like a windowed application is mind boggling to me. Windows has been around now for more than 20 years. You would think developers could program those features in very easily.
Hopefully the DEVS will be able to add some basic UI features during the patches to improve things. The game does look promising and fun, but if I get frustrated with the UI, I'm done with it quick. I don't want to fight the design to play.
Malor

(in reply to Qwixt)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> How to play game in Window? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI