ORIGINAL: The Land
Hello - am enjoying the mod, particularly the more extensive decision events and the diplomacy aspects! So much so that I'm about to start it over again after botching my first Sealion. :)
A few things I noticed that struck me as odd - these are just my observations, and some of them are things that are ahistorical strictly speaking but reasonable to boost the AI. (Though I wouldn't mind hearing). This is based on a German game vs AI until Aug 1940 (Allies experience+1 and industry+20%) then looking at the Allied side as well:
* UK has LOTS of land units: 31 to Germany's 40. In particular 4 Corps, 1 Army, Mechanised Corps and Tank Division along with 3 HQs in North Africa and 12 Corps, 2 Army and 2 Divisions in Great Britain. I have not been prioritising land units because I'm taking a Sealion strategy, but even so this is odd. Admittedly a few of the British units are the 3(?) from bringing Portugal into the War, but given that Germany has more Garrisons (from Norway event) this is a bit too much like parity!
* Did you boost Strategic Bombers? They seem able to make ahistorically competent raids as early as 1939.
* Dover isn't a port, which strikes me as odd (also the AI has helpfully put a division on it, with Corps in the fields nearby.. hmm)
The British (AI) is boosted yes, this is done to make a game of it. The spread out British Divisions, HQ's and Corps really do not add up to that much offensive firepower when compared to the concentration of German Tank Corps, Infantry Armies and Bombers. The British have a number of units which will activate after some Sealion success, which represents all the men in training in 1940. The British Army grew rapidly in 1940, while many were in training they would surely have been thrust into battle if the German's were successfully invading.
Strategic Bombers have longer range yes, but Fighters do not. If you cover your skies you should be fine.
* French Division Cuirasse de Reserve in the production queue turns out to be a Tank Army. Not really - the most accurate modelling I can think of is as a tank division with experience
* The British Tank Division and Mechanized Corps in North Africa have 2 experience medals - really?
With regards to the French, you are probably correct but I left it as is from the default campaign. As of the British in North Africa, I was upfront that the AI is boosted. The next time I update I will be making some tweaks to this theater, rather un-tweaking actually as I think I found the sweet spot in the a previous version.
* Germany Gives Italy MPP event - does AI ever take this? I think I understand why it's in (adding variety/options for ) but hopefully the AI doesn't do it.
I don't see why the AI should not? I often do.
< Message edited by crispy131313 -- 11/25/2017 4:21:06 PM >