Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Continuing On

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Continuing On Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Continuing On - 11/11/2016 10:31:45 PM   
RCHarmon

I come back to this time and time again. The main frame work of this game is great. I can really get into this game and have started another internet game. My only wish is that the air war could be redone and two or three other minor issues. The chance of that isn't much, if I was to guess.

I also wonder if there will be anymore games like this one? It appears Vic has to moved on to other things. I really do like this level of play and the control that I have over units and reinforcements.
Post #: 1
RE: Continuing On - 11/12/2016 9:09:44 AM   
Vic

You might be interested in the DC:Community Project , which is free for DC:Case Blue owners.

More info here:
http://www.vrdesigns.net/

Also I am working on Shadow Empire currently, but I do have some ideas for a Case Blue like game after that.

The air war is not going to be redone, but the red air force has been weakened a bit in the extra Hybrid AI scenarios (2nd kharkov + full case blue) of the latest v1.08 Case Blue patch.

Best wishes,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to RCHarmon)
Post #: 2
RE: Continuing On - 11/12/2016 11:24:25 AM   
wodin

What about Barbarossa?

quote:

ORIGINAL: RCH

I come back to this time and time again. The main frame work of this game is great. I can really get into this game and have started another internet game. My only wish is that the air war could be redone and two or three other minor issues. The chance of that isn't much, if I was to guess.

I also wonder if there will be anymore games like this one? It appears Vic has to moved on to other things. I really do like this level of play and the control that I have over units and reinforcements.

(in reply to RCHarmon)
Post #: 3
RE: Continuing On - 11/12/2016 11:37:15 AM   
zakblood

Shadow Empire sounds interesting, voted on both the topics posted, as you know me, still have no idea on Nato counters

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 4
RE: Continuing On - 11/12/2016 4:00:06 PM   
tombo

Vic, thanks for the update and continued support.

Just curious..whats the problem with the air war?
cheers

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 5
RE: Continuing On - 11/14/2016 4:21:05 PM   
Vic

quote:

ORIGINAL: tombo

Vic, thanks for the update and continued support.

Just curious..whats the problem with the air war?
cheers

The Soviet airforce had a tendency to get to powerfull in the late game, especially if the German player who not use his airforce to bomb enemy airfields and fight for air supremacy.. I have balanced it a bit more by increasing control&command problems for red airforce in the recent Case Blue Hybrid Scenario.

Best wishes,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to tombo)
Post #: 6
RE: Continuing On - 1/14/2017 1:07:40 AM   
ChuckBerger

I think the air war was one of the flaws in DC1 and DC2 both. It's not just question of balance, but of the clunkiness of air superiority and air-to-air combat mechanics. Particularly maddening in DC2, where you have to guess where the Soviet air force happens to be based, with no effective recon or intelligence assets to assist. It quickly becomes random, repetitive and tiresome.

DC3 handles things much better with abstraction of the key elements of the air war... in DC3, I find the major flaw is an overstrong German AGS. IN the game, the Axis have ongoing use of two full Romanian armies which were in reality withdrawn from active operations after the fall of Odessa, and also have a number of far over-rated divisions (eg, 2 full divisions of Slovak troops rated as identical to regular German divisions!). As a result, it's relatively easy to do well as the Germans in the south, and the Russians have it really tough down there.

Otherwise DC3 is remarkably well balanced! I've won as Russians or Germans in PvP play, and I think I'm the only one who has beat the AI on the toughest difficulty setting. (OK, kinda beat. Took my designated objective of Leningrad and ended the game, but lost on points...)

I'll give DC2 another try, it's the one game in the series that I didn't play much of, due to frustrations with the air and naval systems and other balancing issues that felt wrong to me.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns Series >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Continuing On Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI