Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Mine Rearm

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Mine Rearm Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mine Rearm - 11/5/2016 10:38:44 PM   
adarbrauner

Hello to all,

and i am very happy having landed here (after a long time, struggles and frustrations in the "Hearts of Iron IV forum);

I encounter some issues while trying to rearm in port minelayers;

1) they do not rearm automatically, unfortunately, and even if the port is fully loaded with mines;

2) much worst than this, is that whenever hitting the replenish command, only one ship in the list performs mine rearming per time, and even so at an EXTREMELY low rate; I positively repeat, that the port screen shows full availabity of mines in store, while this issue is recurring even in a big port (size 7);

any light please?
Post #: 1
RE: Mine Rearm - 11/5/2016 10:44:17 PM   
LargeSlowTarget

The number of mines on the port screen are the mines laid to protect the port, not the mines available for rearming. Check the device pools to see how many mines are in the pool for rearming.

(in reply to adarbrauner)
Post #: 2
RE: Mine Rearm - 11/5/2016 11:07:39 PM   
adarbrauner

quote:

The number of mines on the port screen are the mines laid to protect the port, not the mines available for rearming. Check the device pools to see how many mines are in the pool for rearming.

Oh yes, I realized it meanwhile and was on the way to correct the post, thank you anyway;

In any case, the mines pool is showing (for Japan) two rows for each mine type (the 4 and 99 types);

Does each row represent a production line?

And why one of the line respectively for each kind of mine, is set to all 0 (zero) values?

What is the effect for the selection of "stockpiling", please?

Are mines produced by "armament industries"? At what rate? a fixed one, unchangable?

Is there any way to influence the mine production rate (besides general armament industry expansion)?

(in reply to LargeSlowTarget)
Post #: 3
RE: Mine Rearm - 11/5/2016 11:54:06 PM   
rustysi

quote:

ORIGINAL: adarbrauner

quote:

Oh yes, I realized it meanwhile and was on the way to correct the post, thank you anyway;

In any case, the mines pool is showing (for Japan) two rows for each mine type (the 4 and 99 types); Its type 4 and 93, but that's semantics.

Does each row represent a production line? Yes

And why one of the line respectively for each kind of mine, is set to all 0 (zero) values? Because there are none left in the pool.

What is the effect for the selection of "stockpiling", please? This will keep the mines from being loaded out to the ML's. Handy when you want to build up your supply of mines.

Are mines produced by "armament industries"? No At what rate? a fixed one, unchangable?The rate is fixed and unchangable.

Is there any way to influence the mine production rate (besides general armament industry expansion)?No.

Hope this helps. Caio

< Message edited by rustysi -- 11/5/2016 11:55:19 PM >

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

Post #: 4
RE: Mine Rearm - 11/6/2016 1:21:13 AM   
adarbrauner

Yes it helps thanks...

not clear yet though the zero values for 2 of the 5 production lines which show a PRODUCTION RATE of 0...

Regarding the stockpile feature, and extending it to let's say supplies: a base checked for supplies stockpiling, what amount shall it try to keep, please?

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 5
RE: Mine Rearm - 11/6/2016 1:34:34 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: adarbrauner

Yes it helps thanks...

not clear yet though the zero values for 2 of the 5 production lines which show a PRODUCTION RATE of 0...

Regarding the stockpile feature, and extending it to let's say supplies: a base checked for supplies stockpiling, what amount shall it try to keep, please?

The two production figures are: number produced per month and the number produced so far this month. If you are at the very beginning of a month or a game, none will have been produced yet. If it is showing 0 for the production per month, that would mean it does not load that info until the first turn is run. There are a number of things that cannot happen until after the first turn, like populating the ship reinforcement list which depends on the choices you make for reinforcement (fixed or random, maximum time interval early or late).

Setting a base to stockpile will mean all supplies reaching that base will remain there except those needed by troops in the field. That means no supplies flow to other bases further up the supply path.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Post #: 6
RE: Mine Rearm - 11/6/2016 3:48:31 PM   
Alpha77

If you want to build up industries (or repair) you need at least 10k supplies at a base (so put them to stockpile).

To stockpile mines you need to set stockpile in the "pool screen" to "Y" not at a base.

As for the 2 mine types (4 and 93) in the IJ pool, yes you are right they show up double (2 with 0 production - I do not know why that is tbh)

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Mine Rearm Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI