Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Sink the Kuznetsov

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Sink the Kuznetsov Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sink the Kuznetsov - 10/31/2016 12:36:04 AM   
ExNusquam

Inspired by the discussion here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4170340

I went and built the "near to Syria" scenario. This features the George Washinton CVG vs. Russian assets in Sryia. US VLS loadouts are inspired by various documents suggesting loadout optimization. Kuznetsov air group based on known production numbers and historical deployments. Bassel Al Assad air group and SAM locations are not perfect, based on the limited (and mostly Pro-Russian) open sources. I did not add a CDCM system in Syria for two reasons: a) I haven't seen anything naming specific systems and numbers, and b) the Russians would have a pain targeting it anyway.

On load, the scenario will randomly select several things.

Offensive/Defensive Posture: This determines how the Russians have most of the MiG-29Ks and some of the Su-35s loaded. If they are Offensive, they will be loaded for ASuW work against the carrier. If they are Defensive, they will be loaded for AAW and there will be an additional CAP on station. A dialog box will let you know what has been selected.

Strikes In Syria: The scenario will extend the No-Navigation zone to cover all of Syria if you are not authorized to strike Russian assets in Syria (for reasons or whatever).

The scenario will end 18 hours after hostilities start. I figure the Russians would threaten to escalate to the Baltics pretty quick, and therefore the US probably attempt to de-escalate quickly.

Test out those strategies! Feedback is always welcome.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ExNusquam -- 10/31/2016 12:57:14 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Sink the Kuznetsov - 10/31/2016 12:49:25 AM   
lamboman43

Where is it....?

(in reply to ExNusquam)
Post #: 2
RE: Sink the Kuznetsov - 10/31/2016 12:57:24 AM   
ExNusquam

quote:

ORIGINAL: lamboman43

Where is it....?

Attached at the top now, that's what I get for not previewing the post.

(in reply to lamboman43)
Post #: 3
RE: Sink the Kuznetsov - 10/31/2016 9:32:47 PM   
ojms

Looks good so far!

Did you mean to allow the russian side to be playable?

Also with the US aircraft none had any loadouts selected, I assume this was by design?

(in reply to ExNusquam)
Post #: 4
RE: Sink the Kuznetsov - 10/31/2016 10:48:16 PM   
ExNusquam

Russian side is playable, so you can see what is going on without having to load the editor. None of the US aircraft have loadouts, since this is intended to be a sandbox for the player. You should have ample time to set up your own loadouts before scenario completion.

(in reply to ojms)
Post #: 5
RE: Sink the Kuznetsov - 11/1/2016 3:35:14 AM   
kevinkins

Hi there. I see some very useful Lua scripts in the scenario. Having working examples really speeds things up for my early designs. Thanks for sharing those. I read online that Lua has some issues generating random numbers. I think your code is fine for what it needs to do. But here is the recommended code when you need random numbers at various times during the same scenario. You need to call random() a bunch of times or the function tends to return the same number. Why? I do not know. And yes, the code looks ridiculous. But it does seem to work better.

math.randomseed(os.time())
math.random(); math.random(); math.random()
a = (math.random( 1, 3 ))

Kevin

< Message edited by kevinkin -- 11/1/2016 3:37:05 AM >

(in reply to ExNusquam)
Post #: 6
RE: Sink the Kuznetsov - 11/1/2016 4:20:35 PM   
ojms

It was pretty easy in the end, the russians pick offensive, I readied my aircraft with decoys and slammers. Launched the EA-18G first and a massive tomahawk strike against syria. Followed up with all the decoys and slammers against the russian fleet. I only lost one F/A-18C

(in reply to kevinkins)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Sink the Kuznetsov Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI