Just now have decided to play this game. I have repeatedly read and reread the manual and as many posts as I can digest. I still several questions:
1. If I understand the manual, once I take Leningrad and clear the SU out, if I move Finnish units to garrison Leningrad and its surroundings for anti-partisan purposes, they'll lose morale for every turn I have them south of the no attack line? If that's the case, then can I assume that I can at least constantly rotate Finnish units in and out of Leningrad to maintain those garrisons?
2. If I understand the manual, for C2 purposes, I have to keep Army level, i.e., 4th Panzer Group and 16th and 18th Army HQs within 7 hexes of their respective corps HQs? For Army GP North, within 15 hexes? And for OKF, within 22 hexes?
3. Still do not understand the use of the hordes of construction units. Keep them attached to Army/Army HQ regardless of where they are on the map?
4. I think I understand SU population - if I surround a city, etc., do I prevent that SU population from 'escaping'?
5. Leningrad again: I left SU combat units alone in Liepaja and Ventspils figuring that once I took Leningrad (and according to the manual converting the Baltic to complete Axis control) that those units would eventually surrender. Yet at the end of the 'Road to Leningrad' scenario, they were still eating champaign and caviar! For the broader campaign game, do I need to just attack them and eliminate them?
6. Oh boy the air game. From reading the posts I'm supposed to switch to manual replenishment - really? Lots of micro-management. BUT, how do I do that?