Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Changing realism options midgame?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Changing realism options midgame? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Changing realism options midgame? - 10/2/2016 3:02:35 PM   
Anachro

Just wondering if this is possible in a PBEM. My opponent and I discovered that Allied Damage Control had been turned off (now I know why a couple of my carriers sank so easily from what seemed manageable damage). Its September 1942. I'm wondering if it is possible to somehow turn this option on mid-game.

Not sure if I will, that remains to be debated with my opponent.

< Message edited by Anachro -- 10/2/2016 3:03:10 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Changing realism options midgame? - 10/2/2016 3:52:12 PM   
Anthropoid

Unless either one of you has (a) hacked the save file or (b) the game did it by itself, as far as I know, that setting should NOT be switchable once both pw are plugged in.

I've heard other people comment about stuff getting turned on/off (changed) relative to what it was on game initiation. However, are you certain that this was not perhaps overlooked at the outset? If Japan player has a copy of the first save, and can share a screen cap that would be reasonable confirmation I guess.

The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ328&feature=autoplay&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CocLGbd6tpbuQRxyF4FGNr&playnext=3

(in reply to Anachro)
Post #: 2
RE: Changing realism options midgame? - 10/2/2016 3:55:27 PM   
Anachro

I believe it was overlooked at the outset despite our initial understanding that the settings would have it switched on. I thought it was turned on, but I believe it had not been by my opponent. I wasn't very optimistic about there being a way to change it midgame. Probably isn't.

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 3
RE: Changing realism options midgame? - 10/2/2016 4:57:11 PM   
Anthropoid

One thing I did with my opponent, and which seems like a good general practice: get on any kind of instant message interface (even PMs exchanged here as long as both people can stay logged in for the 20 to 30 minutes it might take would suffice). Have both players launch the game so they can look at the options screens at the same time. Exchange discussion, and then when Japanese player thinks he has the screen set how it is agreed, he posts a screen cap so Allied player can see it and give it the final Seal of Approval.

Repeat for all 3 or 4 screens (could include the scenario selection but that should be immediately obvious!).

As long as the Japanese player commits his pw and saves and then uses ONLY that save file from that point on, this should minimize misunderstandings/confusions about things like settings.

Course another way to look at it is: if one is not ambivalent about having a "WitPAE PBEM lifestyle" (which I personally have ALWAYS been in the past, but thankfully now find time/energy/enthusiasm to correct), what difference does a match with settings you were not perfectly happy with make? You win some you lose some!

The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ328&feature=autoplay&list=AL94UKMTqg-9CocLGbd6tpbuQRxyF4FGNr&playnext=3

(in reply to Anachro)
Post #: 4
RE: Changing realism options midgame? - 10/2/2016 6:34:19 PM   
Anachro

You seem to misunderstand. I'm not angry or anything like that. We are already deep into the game and settings aren't going to change its continuance. I'm just asking if there is some workaround for changing settings midgame.

< Message edited by Anachro -- 10/2/2016 6:42:58 PM >

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 5
RE: Changing realism options midgame? - 10/2/2016 6:39:45 PM   
Anthropoid

No I didn't gather you were angry. Just blathering

(in reply to Anachro)
Post #: 6
RE: Changing realism options midgame? - 10/3/2016 1:01:00 AM   
wdolson

MichaelM has the ability to change these settings, but he only does so with agreement of both sides and usually only in cases of something seriously wrong. This may not rise to that level.

Bill

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

(in reply to Anthropoid)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Changing realism options midgame? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI