Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Steel Tigers Progress

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Steel Tigers Progress Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Steel Tigers Progress - 9/24/2016 1:37:27 AM   
Jugger

I believe the original posts were from June/July last year for the announcement of "Steel Tigers" the spiritual successor to "Steel Panthers". I also read a recent interview with Joe Billings which touched on some facets of the game namely that it will be broken down into theatres of war with the first being the Eastern Front due to the enormous size of each theatre. Just wondering how the game is progressing and if there was an other information that could be passed on to the forum - not expecting screenshots or release date information just some general information on how the project is going and what we might expect in the way of updates in the next 6 to 12 months? Any news would be greatly appreciated
Post #: 1
RE: Steel Tigers Progress - 9/24/2016 2:07:40 AM   
VPaulus

A couple weeks ago:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=4147492

Also check Wodin's interview to Joel Billings:
http://www.awargamersneedfulthings.co.uk/2016/08/interrogation-of-joel-billings.html

< Message edited by VPaulus -- 9/24/2016 2:14:16 AM >

(in reply to Jugger)
Post #: 2
RE: Steel Tigers Progress - 9/24/2016 8:25:00 PM   
Mylesmata

I somehow missed Wodin's interview. Great stuff!

< Message edited by mtl404 -- 9/26/2016 9:13:44 PM >

(in reply to VPaulus)
Post #: 3
RE: Steel Tigers Progress - 9/24/2016 8:32:44 PM   
wodin

Thanks! Keep dropping by:)

(in reply to Mylesmata)
Post #: 4
RE: Steel Tigers Progress - 9/26/2016 1:38:04 AM   
Jugger

Thanks for the updates VPaulus and Wodin much appreciated. I hope the editor is available with the initial release? I found the original editor that came with "Steel Panthers" somewhat clunky and cumbersome so will be wishing the "Steel Tigers" editor will be somewhat more user friendly.
I believe breaking the game down into specific theatres of war is also a good idea as it will allow for the creation of region specific terrain, buildings and infrastructure whereas the original "Steel Panthers" was somewhat generic in nature encompassing the same type of buildings regardless of where the battle was taking place. So hopefully we will have the means at our disposal to build a "Stalingrad Tractor Factory" or "Atlantic War bunker complex".

(in reply to Jugger)
Post #: 5
RE: Steel Tigers Progress - 9/26/2016 1:59:49 AM   
Riitaoja2

Thank you for the interview. Very well written and interesting reading.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jugger72
I found the original editor that came with "Steel Panthers" somewhat clunky and cumbersome so will be wishing the "Steel Tigers" editor will be somewhat more user friendly.

Are you talking about the map / scenario editor that came with all the previous Steel Panthers games? Beacause in my opinion it was the simplest and most user friedly editor I have ever used before or since.

Or do you mean some of the fan made editors like the ones that can be used to edit OOB files or do some other more advanced changes to graphics files or maps, etc? Those are ofcourse more difficult to use but were not really officially part of the games.

< Message edited by Riitaoja2 -- 9/26/2016 2:02:53 AM >

(in reply to Jugger)
Post #: 6
RE: Steel Tigers Progress - 9/26/2016 5:08:58 AM   
Kuokkanen

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jugger72

I believe breaking the game down into specific theatres of war is also a good idea as it will allow for the creation of region specific terrain, buildings and infrastructure whereas the original "Steel Panthers" was somewhat generic in nature encompassing the same type of buildings regardless of where the battle was taking place. So hopefully we will have the means at our disposal to build a "Stalingrad Tractor Factory" or "Atlantic War bunker complex".

As long as Finland is part of the series

You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars

(in reply to Jugger)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Steel Tigers Progress Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI