Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Docked Boats Not Launching

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Docked Boats Not Launching Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Docked Boats Not Launching - 9/7/2016 6:58:31 PM   
kritter

I have a mission on the UK side where I have subs and ships in dock and the mission uses all of them. I have modified the weapons mag in the sub for this mission but after doing that they will not launch. I have made the mag all torpedoes and when you look at the mag after a few minutes of play it tries to put a tomahawk back into the mag even though it is full. Let me know if I am doing something wrong here. Latest DB and game.

Thanks

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Docked Boats Not Launching - 9/10/2016 9:36:38 PM   
kritter

Bump
Anyone know the answer?

Thanks

(in reply to kritter)
Post #: 2
RE: Docked Boats Not Launching - 9/10/2016 10:17:06 PM   
mikmykWS

Ok

I tested your file. Added UK sided mags to port with torps and thawks nothing launches until I give the manual order.

I build a fresh scenario with a docked sub assigned to an patrol mission it launches just fine.

First, have you modified the db?
Any other clicks or settings you remember setting? I'm trying to replicate to see if can repeat the behavior but not having any luck.

Thanks!

Mike

(in reply to kritter)
Post #: 3
RE: Docked Boats Not Launching - 9/10/2016 10:36:29 PM   
kritter

Everything is stock and I am using the newest database. It seems anytime I mod the mags with ships or subs they will never launch. I will try a new setup and see if that works. Maybe I will try something simple in a test.

Thanks

(in reply to mikmykWS)
Post #: 4
RE: Docked Boats Not Launching - 9/10/2016 10:48:29 PM   
kritter

Ok, here is a small test. I put a ship on the UK side and assigned a patrol mission with the weapons load out different from stock. The first thing it does is go to the dock and try to load weapons. It can't because I have changed them. It sits at the dock and does not launch.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to kritter)
Post #: 5
RE: Docked Boats Not Launching - 9/11/2016 2:16:04 AM   
michaelm75au

Analysis
The reason for withdrawing as shown on the log is:
10/07/2016 6:00:15 AM: CG 21 is withdrawing (Reason: Primary attack weapon (RGM-109E Tomahawk Blk IV TACTOM) now at less than 25%).
These weapons on the ship are less than the what shows in the database viewer as normal loadout.
And there is no room on weapon mount for anymore to be loaded due to the additional weapons that have been loaded there(eg viewer shows 0 x RUM-130, but the ship has 8 x RUM-130d loaded on the mount).
Not quite sure what the loading process compares the current weapon load to ...

Michael

(in reply to kritter)
Post #: 6
RE: Docked Boats Not Launching - 9/11/2016 5:38:18 AM   
kritter

Yes I get that but I changed the weapons for the specific mission. Will the boats not launch if the weapon counts change? I also want the ships to reload based on the rules but based on the weapons. I am not sure how to make this happen??

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 7
RE: Docked Boats Not Launching - 9/11/2016 8:03:58 AM   
Dimitris

"I also want the ships to reload based on the rules but based on the weapons" <--- ???

(in reply to kritter)
Post #: 8
RE: Docked Boats Not Launching - 9/11/2016 5:13:37 PM   
kritter

What I mean is, shouldn't I be able to change the weapon numbers and have the 25% reload act upon the new configuration?

Thanks

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 9
RE: Docked Boats Not Launching - 9/11/2016 5:55:21 PM   
Dimitris

No, the way it works is that the set percentages are always compared against the stock configuration.

See also: http://www.warfaresims.com/?p=4215

And especially the note on the manual addendum: http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=2711
quote:

[NOTE #1: The definition of primary attack/defence weapon points to the longest-ranged ASuW weapon (attack) and AAW/ASW (defence) weapon, and uses the default DB-fed values for reference. So for example if an Aegis cruiser is stocked with SM-2s on its DB-pristine version but the scen author opts to clean them out and re-stock with TLAMs and a few ESSMs, the cruiser is considered as "primary defence weapon exhausted" even though it still has the ESSMs].

(in reply to kritter)
Post #: 10
RE: Docked Boats Not Launching - 9/11/2016 6:01:27 PM   
Dimitris

Why it works this way:

Imagine, in the above scenario, if the Aegis cruiser runs out of SM-2s and switches to considering the ESSMs as its primary defensive weapon. After a few more engagements, it is now out of ESSMs and practically naked to air attack. So it withdraws too late from the battle line and is lost. Who's to blame?

(This is similar to the Harpoon-era "F-14s shoot their Phoenix missiles and press on suicidaly instead of withdrawing" problem that we spent an awful amount of time and effort to overcome)

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 11
RE: Docked Boats Not Launching - 9/11/2016 7:02:03 PM   
kritter

Got it. Thanks for the explanation. I will change the scenario to fit.

Thanks.

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> Docked Boats Not Launching Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI